Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Ft. Worth Project Linus - Make a blanket day >

Ft. Worth Project Linus - Make a blanket day

Ft. Worth Project Linus - Make a blanket day

Old 03-23-2011, 02:05 PM

This friday the 25th from 10-4 we are having our 8th annual Make a BLanket day at John Peter Smith hospital for the children. We will be providing lunch and snacks for everyone who wants to join us. ANyone welcome, bring your machine to sew, we provide everything else. We already have sandwiches, kits and drinks there. You can tye quilts too if you don't want to bring a machine. And we usually have 4-6 janome's there for you. It will be a fun day.
You park in the garage and will get a free ticket stamp. When you come in the main door, just ask at info for the room we are in. They move us every year. I will be there by 9am so you can call me.
Hope any in Ft. Worth area can drop in to visit or work with us. You don't have to join or be a member, just come to help us make quilts for the children . We leave all quilts made there and are taking some already done. Last year we left 389. PM me if you have questions. We will have door prizes and be selling our raffle tickets for our funds for the year.
Thanks for reading.....:) :)
Old 03-23-2011, 04:18 PM
np3
Power Poster

This is a great thing to do. Is this with PL or just the hospital? I wonder if they have anything like this around here...
Old 03-23-2011, 06:45 PM

Project Linus - our chapter delivers an average of 100-150 quilts a month to JPS and another of the same to CHildrens Cooke's Hospital. We get donations fo finished quilts from church groups, schools, etc. Judy is very active in getting out chapter news out. WE have over 25 volunteers in our chapter and more joining. Each chapter is a different size and does things differently. The hospital lets us come in once a year to get more volunteers and even the nurses willcome down and sew on their breaks. It's a fun day but glad to get home after. So much going on at once. Pull up Projectlinus.org and click on your state and find a chapter close to you. It will be interesting to see how they do their quilts, etc. WE all have the same guidelines. We are able to do so much because Judy is always getting donations of fabrics, gift cards,e tc. And we do raffles of quilts to replenish our chapter funds for buying things we need. Sorry to go on and on....it is a good thing we do.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:50 PM
np3
Power Poster

I'll do that, thanks!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:14 AM

Wish I was in the area to attend.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:46 AM
Power Poster

Me too!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:55 AM

thumbs up ladies!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltgirl26
In Houston, Sally does Project Linus there. She is wonderful. I met her in Illinois at the convention and she works the PL booth at the Houston Quilt show with us. You could get into the show free this year if you work at the booth. Contact her. Look under projectlinus.org and click on Texas and then find Sally in Houston..... Her chapter provides all the kits and yarn to make quilts for us. Nothing out of your pocket unless you want to . Allows you to make quilt tops and help the chapter. It's all fun.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Originally Posted by Quiltgirl26
In Houston, Sally does Project Linus there. She is wonderful. I met her in Illinois at the convention and she works the PL booth at the Houston Quilt show with us. You could get into the show free this year if you work at the booth. Contact her. Look under projectlinus.org and click on Texas and then find Sally in Houston..... Her chapter provides all the kits and yarn to make quilts for us. Nothing out of your pocket unless you want to . Allows you to make quilt tops and help the chapter. It's all fun.
Wow! Thanks for the info!
Old 03-25-2011, 04:34 AM

As luck has it, I won't be able to attend this year. I am off thsi morning to have more tests done. But Project Linus runs year round for anyone who wants to look it up in their area. HUGS♥♥