Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Living in a vacuum; what is "Row by Row"? >

Living in a vacuum; what is "Row by Row"?

Living in a vacuum; what is "Row by Row"?

Old 06-24-2015, 12:05 PM

They are $5 on this side of the border too. While the pattern is free, most shops will have the "kit" for sale for $10 if you want to make it like they did. I also bought a charm pack to go with because I liked the colors.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:53 AM

The patterns will be free but not until Sept. I think. I talked yesterday to a shop owner who is participating and she said it is OK to purchase additional kits to mail ..................I don't mean to bring up old nasty news...........I understand copywriter stuff. calla
Old 06-27-2015, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by calla View Post
The patterns will be free but not until Sept. I think. I talked yesterday to a shop owner who is participating and she said it is OK to purchase additional kits to mail ..................I don't mean to bring up old nasty news...........I understand copywriter stuff. calla
Row by Row has begun and patterns are free. Google it to get the participating shops and dates. It's something shops do to create interest during the summer. I visited five Florida shops so far and each one has a different 'feel,' different fabrics and patterns. It's fun to go and check them out. My patterns stay with me and I don't ask anyone to get me patterns...it just negates the whole reason for having it. IMHO
Old 06-29-2015, 05:25 AM

DH and I were going to do a "shop hop" Saturday with plans of hitting 5 shops. This was about a 300 mile round trip.

We headed to the south most one, and had a great visit, but learned then 4th one on the route was temporarily closed (no idea when/if it may reopen). So then we drove north and hit the second - they had some new bolts in that I fell in love with! Went across town to the third - and they had already sold out of the plates and kits - but did have the pattern. I'm after the plates, and have picked up a few kits if I liked the row, but don't plan on "competing" - just no time in the summer.

Since the 4th was closed and the fifth was two hours north, I figured I should call. Found out the 5th one on my list wasn't offering the plates. Lady was kind of rude over the phone, I got the idea she's had a lot of customers in looking for the plates (it's in a tourist area) and they had decided not to get them. It's the first year any stores in SD have participated, and I think they underestimated the amount of traffic they would have from tourists that normally would not have stopped.

So DH and I headed home instead. Saved us money - it seems I can't get out of quilt shop without spending over $75.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:24 AM

I was talking about Additional Kits........not sharing patterns........she was eager to sell me Additional Kits......she made more money................calla. I am just clarifying ...........calla