Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Living in a vacuum; what is "Row by Row"? >

Living in a vacuum; what is "Row by Row"?

Living in a vacuum; what is "Row by Row"?

Old 06-18-2015, 04:56 PM

Default Living in a vacuum; what is "Row by Row"?

I haven't been in a quilt shop since February. Before that it had been two years since I visited one.

I've seen several references to "Row by Row" quilts on different sites. Today I received an email newsletter from a quilt shop about 60 miles away high lighting their "Row by Row" program.

Would someone please shed some light in this new quilting trend? Thanks
Old 06-18-2015, 05:26 PM
Power Poster

It was an initiative thought up to promote quilt shops. At each shop you visit you get a free pattern for a row of blocks and a license plate? You are encouraged to complete all the block rows into a quilt by being eligible for a prize. This year they also are offering yardage you can buy that has the license plates and map fabric to coordinate with your blocks for borders or backing. There were some cute quilts completed last year and if you Google there should be some pictures.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:51 PM

Each state has a facebook page too. N (state) Row by Row

sandy
Old 06-18-2015, 05:53 PM

you go to at least 8 quilt shops and get their free pattern. the first one to finish a quilt with 8 rows that is bound, quilted and labeled will received 25 fat quarters. if you bring the quilt into a shop that you used their row you will also receive a special prize from that store.you may design the quilt as you would like with the 8 different rows. if you go on Facebook and type in your state and row by row experience you will see participating quilt stores row designs for this year. if you google row by row experience you will receive more info.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:10 PM

Ah...haaa! Thank you for the info! It sounds like fun, except...

I don't know if there are eight quilt shops in North Dakota! I do know that the last Shop Hop I went on, years ago, we took a bus and spent two days/one night criss-crossing between ND and MN. It was great fun, but I felt "off" during the trip. The day after I went to the Doc, and was diagnosed with pneumonia in both lungs. No wonder I felt drained! LOL

I shall call the shop that sent the info and see how they're handling the logistics.

Thanks again!
Old 06-18-2015, 09:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
......At each shop you visit you get a free pattern for a row of blocks and a license plate ............
Correct on the free row pattern
However, not all stores have the license plates and if you want them, you pay for it.

Caroline94535 ... if you go to the Row By Row website, you can find out all the details, along with finding lists of all the shops involved, listing by state and province.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:37 AM
Power Poster

I also had seen comments but didn't understand what it was about. I don't drive anymore and hadn't heard about it in SoCA. Thanks for the post.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:25 AM

I think the license plate has a fee, but the pattern doesn't. If you Google Row by Row, there's a listing of the states and then a listing of the participating shops. It's a lot of fun to go to new shops and check out their patterns.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
I think the license plate has a fee, but the pattern doesn't..........
Correct and Correct, Coopah!

I don't know about south of the border but here, the license plates are $5 each.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:29 AM

My girlfriend just called me and was excited about doing a row by row quilt. Didn't have time to ask her what it was as she was off to another quilt store. Now I know - Thanks!