Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Old Country Store Fabrics closing!

Old Country Store Fabrics closing!

Has anyone else received an email saying the Old Country Store Fabrics in Lancaster is closing? I don't know if they mean the online store or the Lancaster store. I am shocked and devastated if this is the case......

I received the same e-mail twice today. Very surprised. I get e-mails from them several times a week. What happened? Nice store.

Ladies, Perhaps this will help clarify. It is an article from the Lancaster (PA) Newspaper. http://lancasteronline.com/article/l...uidation-.html

Blog Entries
    Thats too bad! I love their books!

I went to the online site- no mention of difficulties, but for fabrics all have the shopping cart disabled. What a shame. I loved to spend time there during the Spring quilt festival.

Sad to hear about the closing. I am sure that the owners are not happy along with their employees and customers. It is also a loss for the town and how they live. I use to live in Pa not that far away but will miss not going there on our trips to visit family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetles View Post
    Ladies, Perhaps this will help clarify. It is an article from the Lancaster (PA) Newspaper. http://lancasteronline.com/article/l...uidation-.html
    Interesting article and comments following.
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

Old Country store

Quote Originally Posted by sewhat540 View Post
    Sad to hear about the closing. I am sure that the owners are not happy along with their employees and customers. It is also a loss for the town and how they live. I use to live in Pa not that far away but will miss not going there on our trips to visit family and friends.

Hi Ladies , Just wanted to let you know that the Old Country Store is open again .
    You Probably know it by now . There is a new owner , very nice people .
    I was just there in July, for the Row By Row .
    Grammybev