Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilters from Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet, SC?

Quilters from Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet, SC?

Looking for any quilters in the Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet, SC are. We are moving there in the spring and I'm just looking for shops, meetups, or just any quilting folks that live in the area. Thanks.

I do not live there but visit once a year and there is definitely one in Murrells Inlet that I visit every year. If no one else answers, I will try to find its name.

Accent Sewing in Murrells Inlet and Sew Many Common Threads in Conway are nice shops. There are quilt guilds in Surfside Beach and Myrtle Beach, but I haven't been to any meetings. I moved to Surfside Beach in July. I love living here.

ket
    There is a nice quilt shop on the right out by where the old Wacamaw Pottery used to be. I was there in November. Nice people and good selection of fabric. Had a sale section in the middle of the store.

Two guilds I belong to - Palmetto Quilters meet at the Grand Strand Senior Center in Myrtle Beach, meets on Wednesdays 9 - 12, and Grand Strand Quilters meets on Thursdays from 10 - 12 at the base recreation center on Gabreski Road in MB. Obviously, I live in MB area, too!

In addition to the shops mentioned by others, there is a Hobby Lobby in North MB and, of course, Walmart, for fabric.

Hope to meet you soon after you move here!
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

Thank you so much for your note. Yes, I will definitely go to the Wednesday Palmetto Quilters. In my research I had that on my schedule. As an aside, the Senior Center looks like they have many interesting groups. That's my number one priority. Thanks again, and I look forward to meeting you. Linda

Thanks so much for your post. I look forward to moving there and hopefully we can meet up after I arrive. The Senior Center seems like it has a lot going on. I'm definitely going to check that out, as well. Take care, and thanks again. Linda