Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Anyone near Marietta, GA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/anyone-near-marietta-ga-t195029.html)

bjeriann 07-18-2012 10:41 AM

Anyone near Marietta, GA

My DH has a conference there the last week of August. He wants me to go with him. I googled and found a couple quilt shops. I was hoping to find someone in the area to shop and have lunch with. Hoping a quilter will help me enjoy this trip. I really don't look forward to spending 5 days alone in a hotel room.

lucylockett 07-19-2012 03:37 AM

I'd love to join you, but I'm 3 hours south of Marietta. But you are sure to make new friends at the Scarlett Thread quilt Shop. Google it and be amazed! Easy to find and just off I-75.

Momo 07-19-2012 05:24 AM

1-888-455-2940 FABRIC.COM
2151 Suite 500, Marietta, GA 30067

Wish I could join you also, but I'm about 3 hours South of Marietta also. I purchase from Fabric.Com and understand they have a huge store. You might want to check them out with a phone call. Could be they could connect you with someone. Let us know how your visit turns out.

tessasmom 07-19-2012 05:43 AM

I live just north of Marietta and would love to meet up with you. Always enjoy meeting new people.

dorrell ann 07-19-2012 01:28 PM

[I] am also about 3 hours away -just too far hope you have a great time/

bjeriann 07-19-2012 06:27 PM

I'm so glad to hear a couple of you want to get together. I'll let you all know when we get our travel plans complete. Thanks

gemmyfrog 07-20-2012 06:24 AM

I'm to far, but I know that Red Hen Fabrics is in Marietta - oh, I wish I was there for you! One of my favorite places to visit.
I hope you find someone is close. When I went on my trip to Arlington, Texas I loved meeting two of the quilters. I had a great time with them!

GramMER 07-20-2012 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by bjeriann (Post 5375376)
My DH has a conference there the last week of August. He wants me to go with him. I googled and found a couple quilt shops. I was hoping to find someone in the area to shop and have lunch with. Hoping a quilter will help me enjoy this trip. I really don't look forward to spending 5 days alone in a hotel room.

If it is not too late, let me suggest two quilt shops near Marietta. They are both less than a mile from each other and both really unique in what they feature.

Contact persons:

Sylvia Davis [email protected]

"Robin Jones" <[email protected]>

I think you might spend one day with one quilter and maybe one with another. Then they can suggest other places to visit.

Good luck,

GramMER 07-20-2012 11:52 AM

I have no idea why Robin's address did not show up in the last message, but let me give this a try again.

"Robin Jones" [email protected]

bjeriann 07-23-2012 06:01 AM

Thanks GramMER for the names. I will email them asap.