Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Des Moines Iowa Quilt Show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/des-moines-iowa-quilt-show-t66083.html)

MommaDorian 09-22-2010 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Marge L.
Where in Des Moines will the show be held? I would like to go but will have to get some other details straightened out. Will let you know.

It's at the Iowa Events Center downtown.

knlsmith 09-22-2010 05:35 PM

MARGE L; go to the AQS site. All kinds of info. www.americanquilter.com

aborning 09-22-2010 06:06 PM

I'm so excited to go!! I haven't ever went to it either but am going the first day. My sister is going along--even though she doesn't sew or quilt. (What a good heart she has!). I am dreaming about buying a long arm and will be researching all the long arm quilt booths. (Maybe I'll make my sister try one and brainwash her into becoming a quilter)!! It is 5 1/2 hours away from here but that at least is still within a reasonable driving distance and it will be a nice getaway for my sister and I. We used to go to a huge Craft Sale every fall but we don't do that anymore because one can only hang so much stuff on your walls in your house--and besides--I have now become a quiltoholic instead of a craftaholic!!!!

Nanny13 09-23-2010 10:04 AM

I am going to the quilt show down there.. with my 3 sisters. Can't walk for a long period of time.. hope there are many chairs for me to sit on and rest a few! We have gone there for a few years... I always stayed in the motel room. This time, the sisters insist I go.. so hopefully I can go and not get too tired! Thanks.. Linda in Sioux City.

sassey 09-23-2010 01:43 PM

I am going with my sister in law it will be my first quilt show I am planning on having a great time. I am handicapped so walking all over will be a challange but wild horses couldn't keep me away

quilt3311 09-23-2010 03:17 PM

I plan to be there too. Its a wonderful show plus all the vendors. OH MY. How about a square of red fabric pinned to our top or jacket? Would be fun to meet others on the Boards. Will be there from Wed afternoon till Sat about 1.

MommaDorian 09-23-2010 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by sassey
I am going with my sister in law it will be my first quilt show I am planning on having a great time. I am handicapped so walking all over will be a challange but wild horses couldn't keep me away

Wow, you're in Kansas City. That's a long drive.

knlsmith 09-26-2010 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian

Originally Posted by sassey

Wow, you're in Kansas City. That's a long drive.

iT'S never too long to go to an awesome quilt show! LOL ;)

oksewglad 09-26-2010 02:46 PM

I wish, I wish--just can't this year.

sosew4fun 09-19-2011 07:55 AM

The APQS quilt show in Des Moines is Sept 28 thru Oct 1.
You can check the info at the APQS website. Or maybe
you were thinking of a different show...
I think I am going to go on Thurs Sept 29 but the Perry
Guild (at least as a group are going on Sept 28. )