Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Local QB Friendship Groups (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/local-qb-friendship-groups-t199940.html)

tracibug 11-14-2012 10:20 AM

I am south of San Jose, in San Martin, CA.

Have plenty of room or am willing to travel. I relocated to the south Bay area 15 months ago and still have few friends. *sad panda

AND my 8 and 9 yr old boys are getting tired of being dragged to Shop Hops!!

LAQUITA 11-14-2012 06:25 PM

I have small group of ladies (3-5) that meet in my house on most Thursday nights. We'd welcome anyone who would like to join us. Im in the DFW area, 76063, please PM me if you are interested in joining us!

sew4nin 11-14-2012 07:32 PM

Too bad - I used to live in the 92665 (Orange)

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 5500409)
I've been so inspired by many of the talented quilters on this site, I came up with an idea. How about, for those who are interested, to get in touch with other QB members within a certain mile radius and establish local Friendship groups. Each group could, of course, make their own rules and guidelines, etc. The bottom line is that it would give at least some of us an opportunity to actually MEET - - - face-to-face with some of our fellow quilters. Just think. We could potentially have hundreds of local QB Friendship groups all around the country. Our fellow quilters in other countries could do the same thing.

My idea would include, for starters: meeting once a month, take turns hosting your groups' Friendship group, decide on ideas and projects for your Friendship group. Recommended group size: 10-12

What do you think???

I'll start. I live in the 92867 zip code - Orange, CA. Anyone within ~~ 20 miles who is interested, please be in touch.

This could be really fun!

Jane

cherrio 11-14-2012 08:18 PM

I live in N.E Oh near youngstown. My daughters live in Columbus. Franklin county I won't be down there till jan or so. They come here for the holidays my zip is 44446

Originally Posted by starshine (Post 5651662)
I'm in Columbus

Sunnie 11-14-2012 08:19 PM

What a great idea. I've already met one QB member and will meet another on Saturday. My zip code is 19540, but I'm closer to 19543.

ranger 11-15-2012 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Pink Lady (Post 5629224)
I am near Windsor Nova Scotia if there is anyone up here.

Pink Lady, I'm across the gulf from you in NL. Not that close but you're the closest to me of althosethat have replied to this thread.

craftybear 11-15-2012 05:46 AM

I live in central Indiana, please contact me if you like to meet at a local restaurant or quilt shop

I have hosted many meet and greets in my area and we have met at quilt shops, restaurants and the most we had at one time was like 23 of us, so much fun.

Sunnye 11-15-2012 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Qbee (Post 5505956)
I'm just outside the city limits of Louisville, Kentucky 40055 :)

I'm on the boundry of Jefferson & Oldham Counties

Pink Lady 11-15-2012 10:05 AM

ranger where are you at in Newfoundland? My son is on the east coast going to Mun. and my mother in law is on the west coast Norris point.

ranger 11-15-2012 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Pink Lady (Post 5658857)
ranger where are you at in Newfoundland? My son is on the east coast going to Mun. and my mother in law is on the west coast Norris point.

I am on the East Coast near St. John's. What program is your son doing? My niece is at Cona doing civil engineering.