Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Richmond Fiber Artists (Richmond VA) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/richmond-fiber-artists-richmond-va-t173149.html)

lyndarva 12-25-2011 02:42 PM

Richmond Fiber Artists (Richmond VA)

We have an unofficial group of fiber artists in Richmond VA that meets at a local quilt shop from time to time. Art quilters, doll makers, weavers, etc. are welcome to attend. We have a meeting scheduled in January 2012. If anyone is interested in attending, it is free with no business meeting. Just message me and ask for details.

Traceylyn 12-26-2011 05:23 AM

Lynda, I live in the Richmond area I am also interested in knowing a little more about your group. where do you meet? When? I am pretty busy with church stuff, so, in that, Sats are usually not good. Please get back to me.

Patricia Ankrom

romanojg 12-26-2011 07:10 AM

I sent you a PM; I live in Norfolk and would be interested.

gigidodds 12-26-2011 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by lyndarva (Post 4810405)
We have an unofficial group of fiber artists in Richmond VA that meets at a local quilt shop from time to time. Art quilters, doll makers, weavers, etc. are welcome to attend. We have a meeting scheduled in January 2012. If anyone is interested in attending, it is free with no business meeting. Just message me and ask for details.

I am interested in attending your meetings. Where and when do you meet. I liveabout 40 minutes west of Richmond.
GiGi

Minksmom 12-26-2011 12:31 PM

Richmond Meeting

I live in Fredericksburg and would love to hear more about your gathering! Thanks!

Lisa

lyndarva 12-26-2011 01:35 PM

Richmond Fiber Artists is an informal group of fiber artists who create art quilts, fiber art dolls, weaving, etc. You are invited to attend and to bring an example of your fiber art or to bring a couple of photos and be able to talk about your work.

We share and encourage each other to pursue whatever form of fiber art we are involved in. The group has been around for several years, and is meeting again. There is no formal membership, no dues and no business meetings.

We meet at Quilting Adventures at their location in Willow Lawn Shopping Center on West Broad Street (next to Ben Franklin on the Willow Lawn Dr. entrances). The meeting in January will be on January 18, from 10:00 am to 12 noon.

sherian 12-27-2011 08:28 AM

I would like to see what it is all about! I live in Prince George 35 min. I hve not been to the old willow Lawn Shopping Center in years, I hear it has been redone and I would not know it.

Tartan 12-27-2011 09:09 AM

It sounds soooo exciting!

Lee in Richmond 12-27-2011 12:13 PM

I would like to check this out next month. I have just joined my first quilt guild chapter (after 14 years of quilting with no lessons, no groups...) and see there is so much to learn from others.