Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Richmond Fiber Artists (Richmond VA) >

Richmond Fiber Artists (Richmond VA)

Richmond Fiber Artists (Richmond VA)

Old 12-25-2011, 02:42 PM

Default Richmond Fiber Artists (Richmond VA)

We have an unofficial group of fiber artists in Richmond VA that meets at a local quilt shop from time to time. Art quilters, doll makers, weavers, etc. are welcome to attend. We have a meeting scheduled in January 2012. If anyone is interested in attending, it is free with no business meeting. Just message me and ask for details.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:23 AM

Lynda, I live in the Richmond area I am also interested in knowing a little more about your group. where do you meet? When? I am pretty busy with church stuff, so, in that, Sats are usually not good. Please get back to me.

Patricia Ankrom
Old 12-26-2011, 07:10 AM

I sent you a PM; I live in Norfolk and would be interested.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by lyndarva View Post
We have an unofficial group of fiber artists in Richmond VA that meets at a local quilt shop from time to time. Art quilters, doll makers, weavers, etc. are welcome to attend. We have a meeting scheduled in January 2012. If anyone is interested in attending, it is free with no business meeting. Just message me and ask for details.
I am interested in attending your meetings. Where and when do you meet. I liveabout 40 minutes west of Richmond.
GiGi
Old 12-26-2011, 12:31 PM

Default Richmond Meeting

I live in Fredericksburg and would love to hear more about your gathering! Thanks!

Lisa
Old 12-26-2011, 01:35 PM

Richmond Fiber Artists is an informal group of fiber artists who create art quilts, fiber art dolls, weaving, etc. You are invited to attend and to bring an example of your fiber art or to bring a couple of photos and be able to talk about your work.

We share and encourage each other to pursue whatever form of fiber art we are involved in. The group has been around for several years, and is meeting again. There is no formal membership, no dues and no business meetings.

We meet at Quilting Adventures at their location in Willow Lawn Shopping Center on West Broad Street (next to Ben Franklin on the Willow Lawn Dr. entrances). The meeting in January will be on January 18, from 10:00 am to 12 noon.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:28 AM

I would like to see what it is all about! I live in Prince George 35 min. I hve not been to the old willow Lawn Shopping Center in years, I hear it has been redone and I would not know it.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:09 AM
Power Poster

It sounds soooo exciting!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:13 PM

I would like to check this out next month. I have just joined my first quilt guild chapter (after 14 years of quilting with no lessons, no groups...) and see there is so much to learn from others.