Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   want to meet in Anchorage, AK? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/want-meet-anchorage-ak-t235635.html)

ktbb 11-27-2013 06:07 PM

want to meet in Anchorage, AK?

Any board member want to meet up for coffee, etc. in Anchorage sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas? Chat, have show and tell and just relax? If so, post or pm me about preferred day of the week and whether day/evening/either to help in setting up a time. I'm thinking maybe a Starbucks or Title Wave in the meeting room but if you have another recommendation, let us know. Would love to put a face to a name.

MamaHen 11-28-2013 04:12 AM

I would love to but don't live in Alaska anymore.

Sitkaquilter 11-28-2013 09:35 AM

Hi Kate,
May be up there over next couple of months and would love to! Meanwhile, if you find yourself in Sitka, we have great coffee here too.. Happy Thanksgiving.
Jeanette

moonwork42029 11-28-2013 10:05 AM

I told my husband I wanted to go have coffee with a member from the web group for quilting...he shrugged his shoulders and told me to have fun. Something must have given me away, (maybe my squeal of delight??) and he said, wait a minute, where are you going to meet? I had to fess up and tell him Alaska. Trust me, it was worth the look on his face of astonishment :shock:.

So, sorry, won't be able to meet up with you anytime soon. Would absolutely love to though.

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas from Possum Trot, Kentucky.

Bilben 11-28-2013 10:19 AM

If you ever come over to the Yukon, I'd love to meet up for coffee!

ktbb 11-28-2013 04:29 PM

I was just thru the Yukon last summer, so probably not for a while. Met some quilters who come to Anchorage every year or so for a week just to shop for fabric - if you come this way, check in and I'll show you the town...with quilt shops the priority.

ktbb 11-28-2013 04:31 PM

would love to have seen his face. different angle - have you been to the Pigeon forge quilt show and if so is it worth the time and expense? I'll be in that area next Spring and was wondering whether to put it on my itinerary or not.

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 (Post 6428596)
I told my husband I wanted to go have coffee with a member from the web group for quilting...he shrugged his shoulders and told me to have fun. Something must have given me away, (maybe my squeal of delight??) and he said, wait a minute, where are you going to meet? I had to fess up and tell him Alaska. Trust me, it was worth the look on his face of astonishment :shock:.

So, sorry, won't be able to meet up with you anytime soon. Would absolutely love to though.

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas from Possum Trot, Kentucky.

ktbb 11-28-2013 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sitkaquilter (Post 6428568)
Hi Kate,
May be up there over next couple of months and would love to! Meanwhile, if you find yourself in Sitka, we have great coffee here too.. Happy Thanksgiving.
Jeanette

Please let me know - would love to meet you. Ill be here till late January when I leave for my annual "get out of town" jaunt to visit family, attend conferences and quilt shows, etc.

plhooyer 11-28-2013 06:26 PM

I live in Anchorage. I probably won't have much time between now and Christmas, but would love to meet in January.

psychonurse 11-29-2013 04:18 AM

What is the warmest day of the year? Maybe could meet you then.