Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: want to meet in Anchorage, AK?

  1. #1
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    1,301

    want to meet in Anchorage, AK?

    Any board member want to meet up for coffee, etc. in Anchorage sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas? Chat, have show and tell and just relax? If so, post or pm me about preferred day of the week and whether day/evening/either to help in setting up a time. I'm thinking maybe a Starbucks or Title Wave in the meeting room but if you have another recommendation, let us know. Would love to put a face to a name.
    Kate

  2. #2
    Senior Member MamaHen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    968
    I would love to but don't live in Alaska anymore.

  3. #3
    Member Sitkaquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sitka, Alaska
    Posts
    60
    Hi Kate,
    May be up there over next couple of months and would love to! Meanwhile, if you find yourself in Sitka, we have great coffee here too.. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Jeanette

  4. #4
    Super Member moonwork42029's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Possum Trot, KY
    Posts
    4,043
    I told my husband I wanted to go have coffee with a member from the web group for quilting...he shrugged his shoulders and told me to have fun. Something must have given me away, (maybe my squeal of delight??) and he said, wait a minute, where are you going to meet? I had to fess up and tell him Alaska. Trust me, it was worth the look on his face of astonishment .

    So, sorry, won't be able to meet up with you anytime soon. Would absolutely love to though.

    Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas from Possum Trot, Kentucky.
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16



  5. #5
    Senior Member Bilben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Yukon, Canada
    Posts
    386
    If you ever come over to the Yukon, I'd love to meet up for coffee!

  6. #6
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    1,301
    I was just thru the Yukon last summer, so probably not for a while. Met some quilters who come to Anchorage every year or so for a week just to shop for fabric - if you come this way, check in and I'll show you the town...with quilt shops the priority.
    Kate

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    1,301
    would love to have seen his face. different angle - have you been to the Pigeon forge quilt show and if so is it worth the time and expense? I'll be in that area next Spring and was wondering whether to put it on my itinerary or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
    I told my husband I wanted to go have coffee with a member from the web group for quilting...he shrugged his shoulders and told me to have fun. Something must have given me away, (maybe my squeal of delight??) and he said, wait a minute, where are you going to meet? I had to fess up and tell him Alaska. Trust me, it was worth the look on his face of astonishment .

    So, sorry, won't be able to meet up with you anytime soon. Would absolutely love to though.

    Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas from Possum Trot, Kentucky.
    Kate

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    1,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaquilter View Post
    Hi Kate,
    May be up there over next couple of months and would love to! Meanwhile, if you find yourself in Sitka, we have great coffee here too.. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Jeanette
    Please let me know - would love to meet you. Ill be here till late January when I leave for my annual "get out of town" jaunt to visit family, attend conferences and quilt shows, etc.
    Kate

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    17
    I live in Anchorage. I probably won't have much time between now and Christmas, but would love to meet in January.

  10. #10
    Super Member psychonurse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arley,Alabama
    Posts
    1,755
    What is the warmest day of the year? Maybe could meet you then.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Augusta, Maine
    Posts
    310
    I would love to. would love to go to AK but can't quite get there from here so easily. LOL We always watch the different shows from Alaska. Beautiful!!!!!! if you do meet with anyone have a moment of silence for all of us that would like to be there and can't.

  12. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    1,301
    the warmest day of our year is probably not far from the coldest day of your year....depending on where you live in Alabama. I've lived here 17 years and it got up to 86 degrees once, and that was enough for me. Anything over 32 and a lot of our residents are wearing flip-flops, shorts and tank tops - with winter coats over the top.

    Quote Originally Posted by psychonurse View Post
    What is the warmest day of the year? Maybe could meet you then.
    Kate

  13. #13
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    1,301
    will do, but wish you could make it -
    Quote Originally Posted by KnitnutBZ View Post
    I would love to. would love to go to AK but can't quite get there from here so easily. LOL We always watch the different shows from Alaska. Beautiful!!!!!! if you do meet with anyone have a moment of silence for all of us that would like to be there and can't.
    Kate

  14. #14
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    1,301
    Haven't heard from anyone else, so maybe after Christmas is better for everyone. I could do it during the first three weeks of the month then I'm out of town.
    Quote Originally Posted by plhooyer View Post
    I live in Anchorage. I probably won't have much time between now and Christmas, but would love to meet in January.
    Kate

  15. #15
    Super Member Susy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
    I told my husband I wanted to go have coffee with a member from the web group for quilting...he shrugged his shoulders and told me to have fun. Something must have given me away, (maybe my squeal of delight??) and he said, wait a minute, where are you going to meet? I had to fess up and tell him Alaska. Trust me, it was worth the look on his face of astonishment .

    So, sorry, won't be able to meet up with you anytime soon. Would absolutely love to though.

    Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas from Possum Trot, Kentucky.
    Oh, that is hilarious, would have loved to be a fly on the wall to see his expression!!!
    Susy

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    252
    Would love to. have applications in as we speak so we can come "home". been gone 7 years but miss it desperately. will try to contact you when we get there and see if something will work out.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    147
    Blog Entries
    1

    Meeting for coffee in Anchorage

    Quote Originally Posted by ktbb View Post
    Any board member want to meet up for coffee, etc. in Anchorage sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas? Chat, have show and tell and just relax? If so, post or pm me about preferred day of the week and whether day/evening/either to help in setting up a time. I'm thinking maybe a Starbucks or Title Wave in the meeting room but if you have another recommendation, let us know. Would love to put a face to a name.
    I would love to Kate, easy for me, I live in Eagle River. I'm in the phonebook and that's my name Dolly Caswell, but you'll have to catch me next week because I'll be gone to Thailand Dec 11. Looking forward to hearing from you!

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seward Alaska
    Posts
    316
    I live in Seward and would enjoy meeting other board members. I am the proud new owner of the quilt store here. So anyone who. Ones to my area stop by and say hi. Coffee is always on. Sunday or Monday would be best for me right now.

  19. #19
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    1,301
    looks like we have three or four yes's with a lot of "wishes". Squires1042 - I met you at your shop when I was down for the guild retreat in the fall. Smurfsmom - hope the application process results in a "yes" so you can join us sometime. Dolly - when will you return from Thailand?

    If we slide till January, the Mondays are 6 - 13 - 20(MLK Day) and 27. Would Sunday 12th or Monday 13th work for the Yes's? either day about 2 PM at Starbucks on Dimond/Old Seward.
    Kate

  20. #20
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,731
    Oh - I would love to join you but if I go back to Alaska with hubby. He says he is going to stay. So I will pass for now.

  21. #21
    Super Member moonwork42029's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Possum Trot, KY
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by ktbb View Post
    would love to have seen his face. different angle - have you been to the Pigeon forge quilt show and if so is it worth the time and expense? I'll be in that area next Spring and was wondering whether to put it on my itinerary or not.

    Kate:

    (Hanging my head in shame ) I actually live less than 20 minutes from the Paducah Quilt Museum and I haven't been to the quilt show there in over 20 years that I've lived here....I know I know it's sad but I haven't ever had the time with work and kids. I haven't been to the Pigeon Forge or any other shows around, but maybe someday I will. Hope you have a great show if you do go.
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16



  22. #22
    Senior Member Kathryn Garcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    435
    Oh if you only knew how much I'd love to just drop by for a coffee!!! I loooooooooove Alaska!!! Been three times on cruises! One was a Quilting Cruise! I have three awesome wind chimes outside my front door. One with black bears, the other with otters and the other with an Orca!!!!!! In each port I try to book a deep sea fishing trip. The first time I saw mountains I thought it was bad weather coming in the distance? As the could lifted I realized I was looking at MOUNTAINS!!!!! I live on an Island with hills only and never really experienced MOUNTAINS!!!!!!!! I call Alaska 'God's Front Yard!' Will be back in another couple of years!!!

  23. #23
    Super Member nygal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,648
    I can't either. We moved from Anchorage over 14 yrs. ago and we loved it there!! Keep an eye open for moose.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.