Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: San Deigo trip

Quote Originally Posted by skavanau
    Im going there on vacation and staying at Shelter Island. I was wondering if anyone new of any Quilt shops near by?
    If you go to San Diego besure to go to Rosies Calico Cupboard. http://www.rosiescalicocupboard.com/
    You can sign up online for their online news letter and it will send you a coupon. Have fun and then eat at DZaikens sp? afterwards. Enjoy!!!!!

Not as nearby but Quilt in a Day is in San Marcos as is Paradise Quilters and a little down the road in Vista is Fat Quarters. You could make it a quilt run!

Yes Im sure my DH would love a quilt run, but it will be my birthday, so Ill see. Thanks to all....

You can take me to the Zoo when you go. Lived in San Diego several years ago and went to the Zoo at least twice a month. Absolutely fascinating. Always wondered who was in the zoo, people or animals.

if you have any long arm buddies, The quilted Rose is just a couple shops down from Rosies. I was in long arm heaven!

Dee
    Love those shops.

Skavanau,

I live in Vista(San Diego County), and there are about 20 quilt shops in the county each with it's own speciality. If you want to 'PM' me, I can get you more information for most of the shops.

Chris

We were in San Diego to visit my brother & neice back in late 70s (yes long time ago) & the Zoo is a must do. I'm sure it's changed some, but fabulous. That was before computers were out & I wasn't into quilting yet. My how times have changed.

The last time I waas at the zoo wa 1994. So its been awhile, I cant wait to go and go to the quilt stores, which has changed for me alos, back then it would have been craft fairs now it quilting fairs

The Zoo has changed quite a bit since then! All for the better, too! I love the new way of showing the animals, make sure that you go by the new elephant exhibit!! The kids loved it! Take the tour bus, it's well worth the money.
    Have fun in San Diego! We are taking two of the grandkids to Sea World in July. :thumbup:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast