Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: "Sew in" day in Mississauga, ON

"Sew in" day in Mississauga, ON

Hi Everyone,

I've been thinking for sometime about how I'd love a day where I could go offsite with a bunch of other creative people and just sew, sew, sew on whatever I happen to be working on. I think I've found a great space, but because I'm not a member of any of the local quilt guilds, I'm not sure how many people would be interested in coming and whether it's worth organizing or not.

I was thinking it could be an all day event, and the only cost would be to cover the rental cost of the hall. Would anyone here be interested in a having a day like this in late May? The location I have in mind would be around Hurontario and the QEW.
    "If you have built castles in the air, your work will not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." --Henry David Thoreau

Power Poster
    ​Sounds fun but too far for me.

A few of us do that in a little church basement here. We just ask a friend and if they happen to be a guild member they can ask any friend from there too, but consider the size of the room & make sure you have lots of room for extra tables to sandwich quilts on etc. We usually bring our own lunch & some "share" snacks for our day.

Would love to meet with some board members but I'm a little far too!! One hour from Ottawa!

Well, I'm iin Fl now but would be home in Bobcaygeon . It's a 2 and half hour drive for me. Hubby used to live in Mississauga so he knows the area. I will be thinking of you all but if we are able to stay with relatives I will join you
    just for the meet and greet time too.

It's a possibility for me ... keep me in the loop, as you make your plans and I'll see if I can swing it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~