Sisters Quilt Show

Old 02-01-2011, 10:14 PM

Hello all -
Wondering if there are quilters out there looking for a group to rent a place either at Black Butte or somewhere to attend the show in Sisters this year?

Or is there a group already. I live in Oregon - so would love to hook up with other Oregon quilters. Is this possible? Or is it a crazy idea? I don't have a place but if got a group I'm sure we could make it happen.

Just thought I would throw this idea out there.

I went last year on the Fabric Depot bus - but would love to have more time and also would love to go to the evening benefit with the Gee Bend Quilters and hear them sing.

Roxanne
Old 02-02-2011, 05:34 AM

Sounds like so much fun and would love to go, but I am on the other side of the country! Hope you get a group toether and have fun!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:36 AM

I weent every year when I lived in OR. I wish I was there to go with you this year! Have fun!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:47 PM

I met up with some quilters today who are interested - so I am going to start making some calls about accomodations and see what I come up with. Will ket you know.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:37 PM

I would love to go.Cindy
Old 02-02-2011, 09:57 PM

Okay - I am going to get on it tomorrow. We were test driving cars today suddenly. Phew. Exhausting.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:20 PM

I would be interested in joining in. I usually have a friend that goes but I don't think it will happen this year. I have also rented at Eagle Crest before. The houses are beautiful and clean and its not far from Sisters.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
I would be interested in joining in. I usually have a friend that goes but I don't think it will happen this year. I have also rented at Eagle Crest before. The houses are beautiful and clean and its not far from Sisters.
That sounds cool. I just found out that my friend at Black Butte sold their place. So that's a no go. I was going to start checking around. Eagle Crest sounds good.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by roxannebcb
Originally Posted by Wine Woman
That sounds cool. I just found out that my friend at Black Butte sold their place. So that's a no go. I was going to start checking around. Eagle Crest sounds good.
July 7th is the evening performance and show by the Gee's Bend Quilters. These are the women from Alabama who sing and quilt and make the fabulous freeform quilts from solid fabrics. It is the evening of the 7th on Thursday and then on Friday, the 8th is the picnic and performances in the evening. I think it would be fun to be there from the 7th through the Saturday outside show on the 9th. I am not signed up for any classes as of yet.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:32 PM

here is a link:

http://www.stitchinpost.com/QA_events.html