Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Traveling to memphis

My son and I are going to Mempis in November is Hancocks and Arlington far away from the city centre, I would just love to fabric shop also.

If your home is in England than Arlington will not seem that far away and there are several Hancock's around Memphis. Wolfchase Mall area has a Hancock, Hobby Lobby, and Michael's close by and Klassy Katz and Quiltsmith's are not that far away either and you are even closer to Arlington from the Mall area. It can be done.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzie
    My son and I are going to Mempis in November is Hancocks and Arlington far away from the city centre, I would just love to fabric shop also.
    Arlington is 30 miles from downtown Memphis. It all depends on where you are staying. You will definitely need a rental car as the public transportation in Memphis is awful. Traffic is quite congested.

Do you have any local friends to drive you about?

Thank you for the info I shall try my hardest to visit these places

You have to go to The Rendezvous just for the experience and whatever you do, do not ask for unsweetened tea. I did and was so embarassed by the waiter who boomed my request all over the area and stated that there was NO UNSWEETENED TEA!!! My friend and his family truly enjoyed that moment. Mud Island is great and so is visiting the Martin Luther King memorial at the Lorraine Hotel which is now a memorial to the civil rights movement, drive by St. Jude's. Everything is pretty accessible. I like Memphis.

I shall certainly try to find The Rendezvous and thanks for the tip on the tea!.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2