Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: want to meet in Anchorage, AK?

I would love to. would love to go to AK but can't quite get there from here so easily. LOL We always watch the different shows from Alaska. Beautiful!!!!!! if you do meet with anyone have a moment of silence for all of us that would like to be there and can't.

the warmest day of our year is probably not far from the coldest day of your year....depending on where you live in Alabama. I've lived here 17 years and it got up to 86 degrees once, and that was enough for me. Anything over 32 and a lot of our residents are wearing flip-flops, shorts and tank tops - with winter coats over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by psychonurse View Post
    What is the warmest day of the year? Maybe could meet you then.
    Kate

will do, but wish you could make it -
    Quote Originally Posted by KnitnutBZ View Post
    I would love to. would love to go to AK but can't quite get there from here so easily. LOL We always watch the different shows from Alaska. Beautiful!!!!!! if you do meet with anyone have a moment of silence for all of us that would like to be there and can't.
    Kate

Haven't heard from anyone else, so maybe after Christmas is better for everyone. I could do it during the first three weeks of the month then I'm out of town.
    Quote Originally Posted by plhooyer View Post
    I live in Anchorage. I probably won't have much time between now and Christmas, but would love to meet in January.
    Kate

Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
    I told my husband I wanted to go have coffee with a member from the web group for quilting...he shrugged his shoulders and told me to have fun. Something must have given me away, (maybe my squeal of delight??) and he said, wait a minute, where are you going to meet? I had to fess up and tell him Alaska. Trust me, it was worth the look on his face of astonishment .

So, sorry, won't be able to meet up with you anytime soon. Would absolutely love to though.

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas from Possum Trot, Kentucky.
    Oh, that is hilarious, would have loved to be a fly on the wall to see his expression!!!
    Susy

Would love to. have applications in as we speak so we can come "home". been gone 7 years but miss it desperately. will try to contact you when we get there and see if something will work out.

Blog Entries

Meeting for coffee in Anchorage

Quote Originally Posted by ktbb View Post
    Any board member want to meet up for coffee, etc. in Anchorage sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas? Chat, have show and tell and just relax? If so, post or pm me about preferred day of the week and whether day/evening/either to help in setting up a time. I'm thinking maybe a Starbucks or Title Wave in the meeting room but if you have another recommendation, let us know. Would love to put a face to a name.
    I would love to Kate, easy for me, I live in Eagle River. I'm in the phonebook and that's my name Dolly Caswell, but you'll have to catch me next week because I'll be gone to Thailand Dec 11. Looking forward to hearing from you!

I live in Seward and would enjoy meeting other board members. I am the proud new owner of the quilt store here. So anyone who. Ones to my area stop by and say hi. Coffee is always on. Sunday or Monday would be best for me right now.

looks like we have three or four yes's with a lot of "wishes". Squires1042 - I met you at your shop when I was down for the guild retreat in the fall. Smurfsmom - hope the application process results in a "yes" so you can join us sometime. Dolly - when will you return from Thailand?

If we slide till January, the Mondays are 6 - 13 - 20(MLK Day) and 27. Would Sunday 12th or Monday 13th work for the Yes's? either day about 2 PM at Starbucks on Dimond/Old Seward.
    Kate

Oh - I would love to join you but if I go back to Alaska with hubby. He says he is going to stay. So I will pass for now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast