Wow! I didn't think I was ever going to complete this topper. I took a class thru one of the guilds I belong to on the 30* ruler and making fans. We were to cut our material in strips and then sew 4 strips together and then cut with the 30* ruler and put the pieces back together. Most did it in Fan shapes. I did not care how the material I picked looked in the fan shapes( it was pretty blah and just wasn't working for me) so almost gave up the whole idea. Then I got to thinking about how they would look in individual table toppers as stars, once I started putting the stars together, I moved them so they were all attatched together. Now I really like how it turned out. I finally got it loaded and quilted and just love it!
(Just goes to show sometimes going off the beaten path and playing is better.)