I just finished yet another wedding quilt for one of my friends who is getting married this month!
I used a Moda jellyroll in the new "Nouveau" line, which was colorful, interesting and absolutely beautiful.
I started out by making blocks for a Roman Stripe quilt, but I played around with the layout and decided it looked better in diamond form. The strips of fabric at the top and bottom are scraps from cutting the blocks (I sewed the scraps together and cut them into strips). The backing was pieced and incorporated the four leftover jellyroll quilt strips, for visual interest.
I machine quilted in a diamond pattern in the white areas, echoing the diamond shapes. I quilted in the ditch for the colored diamond areas. I then washed and dried the quilt for a more "crinkly" effect.
It was a pretty easy quilt to make, and the jellyrolls were fun to use. The finished quilt is about 70" wide by 80" long.
I am sending out the quilt tomorrow, and I hope my friend enjoys it. Thanks!