I've been working on this off and on the past two days and am so excited to see it coming together! I love how quickly this went! I wasn't too sure of how it would look with the sashing and cornerstones but am very happy I went in that direction now.
I still need to do two more seams on the second half of the top to finish joining the sashing and block rows, then to sandwich and quilt each half using my regular machine, and then join the two halves across the center. The finished quilt will be queen size. The blocks currently measure 60" across and I will put a 2" floral border completely around the blocks to match the sashing. I think I'll get about 8" of drop on either side and the foot by then adding a 2" dark blue border, then a 2" yellow border that will match the cornerstones, then four to six inch dark blue and then the binding. I'd like to get a little more drop, so may get inventive and see what happens...maybe next week. lol
The photos show it on a king size bed. (with a queen size headboard...we loved the headboard and couldn't part with it til we find one we like as much or better! lol)
Thanks for looking!