The first one has a machine embroidered centre, this design came with my new machine so stitched it out and then forgot about it, until one day when cleaning up I found it and decided to do "something" with it and this is the result. All the fabric came from my stash and I had it longarm quilted with lots of feathers. The longarmer took 7 weeks and I had it back.
My DD has claimed this quilt.
The second quilt I started 2 years ago at a retreat, it is a pattern matched LeMoyne star. The original pattern had the stars in the centre and fans in the border and was 60 inches square. I just used the centre pattern then turned it on point and added the outer star border, it ended up 106 inched square. My "old" longarmer had this quilt for 16 months before I finally picked it up. I heard every excuse in the book as to why she was doing it and considering that she has 2 computerised Gammill machines it was still unacceptable that it took so long.
This was made for my bedroom