Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 4th Charity Quilt

when I had my embroidery machines the rule with thread breaks was if it was a clear break (no fraying) then you had a thread hangup somewhere as in not coming off the spool smoothly and snapping the thread. If the end of is frayed then you have a thread path problem, usually needle based. Friction somewhere is causing the thread to fray. Hope that helps you figure out where your problem is.

Check your needle for burrs. That can cause thread breakage. The quilt is cute!

I had that problem last week. There were threads caught behind the bobbin case--very hard to see and very hard to get to. Then my top thread kept breaking and I finally discovered I had to raise the rails. The quilt was dragging on the machine bed. Hope your problem is solved.
    Retired teacher, loving it.
    Love quilting also.

Dont have a long arm, all I know about is my sewing machine and that happens when my needle is dull. The quilt is beautiful.
    Live well, Love often, Pray daily

Red and purple are a hard combo to make work, but I believe you have succeeded!

Your quilt is beautiful!!! I had a problem with my bobbin on day also not with the thread breaking but with it making huges loops ---I also cleaned, oiled and changed needle. Did not work---then I took the casing of the bobbin and with a business card slid in thru where your thread go thru and little tiny piece of fuzz came out I laught and thought will that's not big enough to cause the problem but guess what I guess it was cuz she started sewing beautiful again

I don't have any suggestions, but, I love the quilt!
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    Thank you for your tips and advice. It appears the neeple plate had a burr. DH sanded it down and no bobbin thread breakage so far! Life is grand again!!
    Helen T.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2