Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 9 patch and snowballs garden quilt

9 patch and snowballs garden quilt

This is my most recent completed quilt. It is a gift for a retiring friend. I call it my Garden Party Quilt because I used florals, butterfly prints, and this pattern of 9 patches and snowballs together always reminds me of lattice. I used scraps to make flying geese in the outer border. Does anybody know what the real name of quilts using those 2 blocks together is called. Hugs and Kisses maybe? I used receiving blankets on the back because she is a retiring nurse who has spent many years preparing mothers for childbirth and then welcoming their babies into the community. I found these receiving blankets made a wonderful flannel backing. I will use them again. The round label is flannel also. I wrote on it with a .05 pigma pen. and appliqued it on. The pillow cover was made from scraps from the quilt with a fussy cut coffee cup piece because of all the times my friend has treated me at the local coffee shop. I always enjoy looking at everyone's photos on here so I thought it was time I posted some myself. Enjoy!
    006resized.jpg
    007resized.jpg
    008resized.jpg
    002resized.jpg
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    Absolutely fabulous quilt and sentiment! Just love everything about this quilt and pillow top
    Nikki in MO

Blog Entries
    So wonderful! She'll love it. The receiving blankets on the back are a hoot! They'll be nice and soft.
    Reading, cooking, sewing in retirement! Heaven!
    I'm proud to say that I'm a member of the Quilt A Month Club for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! www.alzquilts.org
    I have a blog on QB now -- please drop in!

Wonderful quilt and cover, she is going to love it!!!

I'm giving to to her tomorrow at her retirement. I think she will be very surprised.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

What a lovely gift!
    ❀ Ginny ❀

What a nice quilt, and you used so much thoughtfulness in creating it. Beautiful!

Power Poster
    very nice!!!!
    QUILTNMO

Very nice!

Beautifully done. I love the soft colors, and she's going to love it. I too, think the receiving blankets on the back, is just priceless. She's got a true friend in you.
    The one who dies with the most fabric wins.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast