View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Foxflower

Default 9 patch and snowballs garden quilt

This is my most recent completed quilt. It is a gift for a retiring friend. I call it my Garden Party Quilt because I used florals, butterfly prints, and this pattern of 9 patches and snowballs together always reminds me of lattice. I used scraps to make flying geese in the outer border. Does anybody know what the real name of quilts using those 2 blocks together is called. Hugs and Kisses maybe? I used receiving blankets on the back because she is a retiring nurse who has spent many years preparing mothers for childbirth and then welcoming their babies into the community. I found these receiving blankets made a wonderful flannel backing. I will use them again. The round label is flannel also. I wrote on it with a .05 pigma pen. and appliqued it on. The pillow cover was made from scraps from the quilt with a fussy cut coffee cup piece because of all the times my friend has treated me at the local coffee shop. I always enjoy looking at everyone's photos on here so I thought it was time I posted some myself. Enjoy!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]314994[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]314995[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]314998[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]314999[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 006resized.jpg   007resized.jpg   008resized.jpg   002resized.jpg