Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice please...

I am making this quilt for a charity...problem is that I started out thinking it would be just a lap quilt to donate to cancer patients, so I didn't make the braids very long - almost all fabrics came from my stash. But then we decided to use it as a raffle quilt for our group and now I am wondering if it is big enough. It measures approx 60 x 72 with borders (4") included.
    I wondered about extending it with a fancy border , but did't want to distract from the braids too much....also, I only have bits and pieces of fabric from the braids - some more and some less - so I wouldn't be able to include them all. I had to get a different purple for the dividers, and added a row to the braids to include, but now that the dividers are on, I dont want to extend the braids themselves...

what do you all think? Thanks....
    Attached Images Attached Images    

np3
    Blog Entries
    I love it. I would just finish it the way it is. French Braid Quilts are my favorites.

Blog Entries
    60X72 is a nice sized lap quilt, I would continue with your original plans :D:D:D
    It is a beauty!

It's beautiful! Finish it as is and be proud! You've done a lovely piece of work.:thumbup:

That is really pretty. I think the size with the borders will be a nice size. The borders really set it off nicely.
    Are you selling tickets for the raffle? :-D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katmom54
    I am making this quilt for a charity...problem is that I started out thinking it would be just a lap quilt to donate to cancer patients, so I didn't make the braids very long - almost all fabrics came from my stash. But then we decided to use it as a raffle quilt for our group and now I am wondering if it is big enough. It measures approx 60 x 72 with borders (4") included.
    I wondered about extending it with a fancy border , but did't want to distract from the braids too much....also, I only have bits and pieces of fabric from the braids - some more and some less - so I wouldn't be able to include them all. I had to get a different purple for the dividers, and added a row to the braids to include, but now that the dividers are on, I dont want to extend the braids themselves...

what do you all think? Thanks....
    I think the border looks good if you have eenough of it. I've been thinkin about using my strips to do one but haven't yet. It look really good like it is.

Love the border and I think the size is just perfect.

It is stunning. and YES it is a great size. A 5' X 7' is plenty big to make a statement as this one does, lots of pretty!, and it is a wonderful sofa throw size. Most of us are kinda/sorta on the wider than a lap quilt size when we curl up on the couch for comfort. You are a great quilter. Much success with your raffle. Wish I had a ticket!

Blessings,
    Ruth

OOPS My mistake it is a 5' X 6' and still plenty big to fill all the features needed.

R

It's beautiful - I would just add borders to get to the desired size - keeping them simple.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast