Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Another One Block Wonder quilt

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I love it dunster! The kaleidoscopes are so distinct and it's a really beautiful effect! Same question I asked before - sorry to be a pain! Can you post a close up of the original fabric? It's SOOOO interesting to see what kind of fabric gives what effect and helps me in my 'training' for future K quilts! Promise I won't copy you again! LOL

K x

I really like it! The colors are great!

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    I love it dunster! The kaleidoscopes are so distinct and it's a really beautiful effect! Same question I asked before - sorry to be a pain! Can you post a close up of the original fabric? It's SOOOO interesting to see what kind of fabric gives what effect and helps me in my 'training' for future K quilts! Promise I won't copy you again! LOL

K x
    I wish I had taken a picture of the fabric before I cut it up. Now all I have left are scraps. Here's a picture that shows the border, which is the original fabric. The repeat was only about 12 inches. I think a bigger repeat and larger pattern makes for a better OBW, but those are hard to find.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Very nice. I can't wait to do one of my own!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gaigai
    Very nice. I can't wait to do one of my own!
    Well get on with it then! You've got about four hours left in each day, haven't you?! :mrgreen:

Dunster - that print works really well! I've spent hours on the internet looking at prints wondering how they'd work! It's fascinating (well, to me, anyway!) I even find myself looking at ppls clothes on TV and wondeering if the fabric would work! :D

K x

Looks like a whole lot of "Y" seams done very nicely. You have agreat sense of color.

tim in san jose

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    Looks like a whole lot of "Y" seams done very nicely. You have agreat sense of color.

tim in san jose
    Tim, the way I do it, and I think dunster uses the same method, you have no Y seams. You join the hexagons in half blocks then join them in rows, so you have only straight seams. :D

K x

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter

tim in san jose
    Tim, the way I do it, and I think dunster uses the same method, you have no Y seams. You join the hexagons in half blocks then join them in rows, so you have only straight seams. :D

K x
    That's how I would have done it, but I thought I was just being a cheater. *L*
    Lots of planning ot get all the hexagons lined up that way. In either case, well done.

tim in san jose

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Tim - you pin the halves together then when you're happy with the layout, you take them down a row at a time with a pin in the top so you keep it the right way up - easy peasy!

K x

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Just wanted to add that I am no way belittling dunster's wonderful work! The skill in piecing and assembling and the artistic and design ability in achieving a balanced layout are wonderful! I only meant to encourage others to give this technique a try - it's my latest 'craze'! :D

No offence meant to you AT ALL dunster! :D

K x

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast