i've been looking at this quilt pattern for years- finally decided i could probably do it out of my stash- got out my tote of batik scraps- and started sorting- then instead of a cream batik the pattern called for i figured i probably had enough white on white scraps to use for backgrounds-
once i had the fabrics sorted i started cutting it all out-
then a day of piecing 4-patches & half=square triangle blocks
a couple days (building the blocks)
and on sunday managed to put it all together-
going together on the diagonal was an (adventure!) i managed to get the top half together to the center- then on the bottom half---kept doing things...upside down & backwards (mirrored) seam ripper had a work out! but once i (finally) got my mind around what i was doing it came together...i am pretty happy with it.