Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: apron

Blog Entries
    ok Diana R this is for you...you wrote
    "Keep posting pictures of all your creative ideas so I can keep copy catting them!" :D Here is simple one for you and anyone else that cares to use it. Make it as fancy or as plain as you want. Use a bath towel or kitchen towel depending on how small, large, tall, short or messy you are. For the top part this is what I cut out(see picture) didn't have a pattern. The material is on the front and back with quilt padding in the center. (leave bottom open where you will attach the towel) You could even sew some lines on it to make it look quilted. Sewed two small squares of velcro to each half of the neck closure (one on top side one on back side so they will hold closed at your neck. Is this all as clear as mud now :lol: :lol: You're smart ladies I think you will get it from the pictures but if you have questions ask away :lol: then at the bottom open side of material turn inward the raw edges so when you stuff the towel in you sew it all shut in one seam...lol got that? Then I added a pocket to it. Also on some of them I add a skinny string tie to hold it closed at the waste. Guess it depends on how wild you are in the kitchen. Made out of towel it is nice to wipe hands on and stains won't go through it and get on your clothes.

close up of top of apron
    Name:  Attachment-28435.jpe
Views: 30
Size:  57.9 KB

full front view of apron
    Name:  Attachment-28438.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  43.1 KB

That is my kind of apron. I am very messy and need to wipe my hands alot. That will work perfect. I'm going to try to make one.

Blog Entries
    That is so cute!! I love the colors you used too! I don't wear aprons, but I have a daughter-in-law who does.... And I think she just might be getting one! :D
    For the top of it, did you just kind of use one of your tops, as a kind of pattern? Or just wing it?

Blog Entries
    I just winged it ....totally. Could make it whatever shape you want, could even make the front rectanular and put ties on it for around the neck.

What a clever idea. I love aprons. I wear one while sewing most of the time. It keeps me from bringing strings and small pieces of fabric from the sewing room all over the house. I have a fifties looking one for the kitchen. And a gardening one too.

Blog Entries
    I absolutely love this idea!!!

Very neat idea, thank you.
    I would love to see the white/silver embroidered item which is under your apron!

That is clever!!:0)Love it!

SharonM: I think your apron is darling! I don't wear aprons but my DS and BIL do so I'll be making each of them one. Does your apron have ties? I think I'd have to put ties on the ones I make so could just attach the ties at the top of the towel and use the same fabric as I use for the top of the apron and the pocket...does that sound right? Thanks for sharing this. I love it. When I finish mine I'll post pictures.

Blog Entries
    Very Clever :D :D :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast