Thread: apron
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Sharon M

ok Diana R this is for you...you wrote
"Keep posting pictures of all your creative ideas so I can keep copy catting them!" :D Here is simple one for you and anyone else that cares to use it. Make it as fancy or as plain as you want. Use a bath towel or kitchen towel depending on how small, large, tall, short or messy you are. For the top part this is what I cut out(see picture) didn't have a pattern. The material is on the front and back with quilt padding in the center. (leave bottom open where you will attach the towel) You could even sew some lines on it to make it look quilted. Sewed two small squares of velcro to each half of the neck closure (one on top side one on back side so they will hold closed at your neck. Is this all as clear as mud now :lol: :lol: You're smart ladies I think you will get it from the pictures but if you have questions ask away :lol: then at the bottom open side of material turn inward the raw edges so when you stuff the towel in you sew it all shut in one seam...lol got that? Then I added a pocket to it. Also on some of them I add a skinny string tie to hold it closed at the waste. Guess it depends on how wild you are in the kitchen. Made out of towel it is nice to wipe hands on and stains won't go through it and get on your clothes.

close up of top of apron
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28435[/ATTACH]

full front view of apron
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28438[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-28435.jpe   attachment-28438.jpe