Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby /Childs quilt or wallhanging?

That is SO pretty!!!!!

Your quilt is wonderful.

Why not a wallhanging in a baby's room? It is beautiful and would be more likely to stay that way and be enjoyed for years (good at all ages) rather than being spit up, etc! on and dragged around the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    It will be fine to start out as a Baby quilt, since Babies grow so fast. Very pretty quilt.
    What she said!
    Alma
    Nami to 6

I think it would be a good toddler (1-2 years old) quilt...baby quilts get washed too often.

Quote Originally Posted by irishphoenix View Post
    Hi-I have recently designed this baby quilt from scratch -first time!!..BUT, I also added embroidery from my new Janome to the panels, which i thought was OK. I had a few teething problems along the way , unpicked a quite a few seams, got a headache but redid it lol. Anyway I have not sandwiched it yet as I am undecided about backing, I have some lovely blue and white minky fabric which would look pretty on the back for a child, its so lovelya nd warm, but if I decide its going to be a wallhanging the Minky is a bit of a waste, as I could just back it with white or blue, as it wont bee seen.
    I cant decide if this quilt would look too fussy for a childs quilt or not? What do you think? I have put in a few pics below. Would love to know..I know the elephants are a bit crazy- they are going to be appliqued on today..the fabric is Free Spirit Karavan but I fell in love with it

Attachment 368714
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna
    I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

To Irishphoenix; Piepatch said it so well. It's a beautiful quilt and a child would definitely love it! Don't waste it on a wall where no one can touch or love on it!

Quote Originally Posted by BertieD View Post
    To Irishphoenix; Piepatch said it so well. It's a beautiful quilt and a child would definitely love it! Don't waste it on a wall where no one can touch or love on it!
    Hi bertieD and thanks for that..I have been so undecided and you are right..it would be a shame not to see it on some childs bed..I am still waiting for grandkids lol so think I am getting a bit broody. Quilts are meant to be snuggled into anyway..I think it would be nice on a wall but like you say ashame for it enver to be touched.thanks so much to everyone that took the time to reply, it really means a lot! The encouragement and positivity on this site is awesome

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Lovely quilt! I can see it as a baby's quilt, so the minky would be a nice touch.
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

Wow! What a really nice quilt. I too would prefer to use it as a child's quilt. A person can have only so many wall hangings. And this is something that would be used, loved and cherished a long time.

What about washing all that lovely embroidery, over and over and over again... I may consider wall hanging. It is beautiful.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast