Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to quilting - My first quilt for me!

Back to quilting - My first quilt for me!

I recently posted a picture of a doll that I made that under the title "What I do when I am not quilting...humoring friends". Immediately after I got that doll finished, I started a quilt for ME. I have been quilting roughly 16 - 17 years now and have never made myself a quilt....until this weekend. Its done and its mine. Im keeping it. I promise. I am really happy with how it turned out. I was inspired by the jelly race quilts I have been seeing so I came up with a little something of my own. It was made with 1 1/2" finished strips and overall measures 55 x77....just big enough for me to curl up under while watching a movie. I had my two youngest sons layout the color placement. There are 4 strips each of the 10 colors, so they both got to do two sets, my only request was that they didn't follow the same pattern as the first set as I wanted it to be somewhat random. I machine quilted in just a few hours. My avitar is also used as my signature block on my quilts. On this quilt, I sewed my fatsew cat into the lower corner. I am still going to put a signature block on the back with the date and location of where it was made, just like I would with any other quilt I make. Thanks for looking and sharing your thoughts on my very first quilt. Now, Im off to watch a movie and test it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Last edited by fatsewcat; 01-08-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Awesome-love the quilting!
    It's not a stash-it's a fabric library!
    http://www.mamisquilts.com/

So pretty and love the kitty!
    Linda

This is a great quilt!! I love it. Reminds me of the game Jenga. Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by fatsewcat View Post
    I recently posted a picture of a doll that I made that under the title "What I do when I am not quilting...humoring friends". Immediately after I got that doll finished, I started a quilt for ME. I have been quilting roughly 16 - 17 years now and have never made myself a quilt....until this weekend. Its done and its mine. Im keeping it. I promise. I am really happy with how it turned out. I was inspired by the jelly race quilts I have been seeing so I came up with a little something of my own. It was made with 1 1/2" finished strips and overall measures 55 x77....just big enough for me to curl up under while watching a movie. I had my two youngest sons layout the color placement. There are 4 strips each of the 10 colors, so they both got to do two sets, my only request was that they didn't follow the same pattern as the first set as I wanted it to be somewhat random. I machine quilted in just a few hours. My avitar is also used as my signature block on my quilts. On this quilt, I sewed my fatsew cat into the lower corner. I am still going to put a signature block on the back with the date and location of where it was made, just like I would with any other quilt I make. Thanks for looking and sharing your thoughts on my very first quilt. Now, Im off to watch a movie and test it out.
    SUEB

Pretty colors and quilting is great.
    Ilma

Senior Member Rosie the "Ripper"'s Avatar
    This is a quilt well deserved. Love the colors. Love the pattern. Enjoy using it every chance you can.
    Rosie the "ripper"

Quote Originally Posted by suebee View Post
    This is a great quilt!! I love it. Reminds me of the game Jenga. Very cool!
    LOL! I thought about calling that but changedy mind but so far nothing other than 'it's mine' is coming to mind.

Nice quilt and well deserved to be sure, nice quilting also love your fatcat.
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Beautiful colors and beautiful job. I love the cat in the corner!

I really like it.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast