Well I inhertited this quilt from a friend at church. The foundation pieces on teh original quilt were newspapers dated 1929..YAY! Then someone apparently added to it..you can see a definte fraction in color of fabrics...So I decided if I was going to finish it I should add my own spin..so I added a modern border..sort of framing it all in ....I love the collabortaion of quilting even decades apart!
I decided to quilt it using my Baptist fan template from loricles.
I am also adding a pocket on the back of the quilt..with a special label telling the story of the quilt and also to store some the newspaper foundations...that I took from teh back of teh quilt before I made it into a full quilt....
Thanks so much for looking. I used bamboo batting ...and natural colored thread....muslin backing. I would have liked to find a vintage sheet...but the quilt was kind of big..so I would have maybe needed two..so muslin was just more conveniant and available...and traditional.