Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Baptist fans and Square dance...quilted by Charisma's Corner

Banned
    Blog Entries

Baptist fans and Square dance...quilted by Charisma's Corner

Well my 15 year old son Bryce quilted these today.
    You my be familiar with my sons Carl and Cole..they usually quilt stipples as a little business....well today I decided to have a training session. Cole gave up on the templates....Carl completed a quilt but he likes stipples better. ( he has Aspergers and it's relaxing for him to just sew that movement)...A few months ago I tried to teach Bryce how to stipple..but we both quickly decided he didn't have it...LOL. Today he wanted to try the templates ( I have several from Loricles) and this kid is AMAZING at templates....he loves them and he does better at template quilting than I do..so these are his samples....I am pretty excited to have him work with us. Well have our little niche don't we?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Fabulous!! Does he take orders?

How wonderful that your boys are willing to try. I tried to interest my son (he is a paraplegic) and he was uh,NOOOOO. I feel sure that watching you do it, gives them confidence to try, and honestly there really is nothing girly in quilting quilts! You know long ago, women would spin cotton, wool and flax year round. Then the spun fibers went to a weaver (usually) that was a man! See they got the big machines,that seemed so complex, now we have them!
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie Ann View Post
    Fabulous!! Does he take orders?
    Yep, thanks for asking.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepita View Post
    How wonderful that your boys are willing to try. I tried to interest my son (he is a paraplegic) and he was uh,NOOOOO. I feel sure that watching you do it, gives them confidence to try, and honestly there really is nothing girly in quilting quilts! You know long ago, women would spin cotton, wool and flax year round. Then the spun fibers went to a weaver (usually) that was a man! See they got the big machines,that seemed so complex, now we have them!
    I know it! My boys are manly ...and don't feel like they are anything less because they quilt. They like it.

What a good mom you are to have involved your sons. So many will reap blessings from your labor of love.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Super. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Wonderful work! :d

Bryce did a better job then I can do. Kudos to you for teaching them a skill that will last a lifetime.
    Miz Kyp aka Margie

My grandfather was a sailor and learned to make sails and the repair was a form of hairpin lace. this was 100 or more years ago. He taught my grandmother how to sew and when I was old enough, to make hair pin lace.
    He made my baby blanket, I still have it, but the years have taken their toll on the binding. Any suggestions?
    Your children are very fortunate to have a parent taking an interest in their life.

LOVE the fans--my favorite all-over pattern. These are great.

Blog Entries
    Well done! It is great your boys are earning their own money.....so much better than them having their hand out

I learned the most about feathers from two men, the anatomy I learned from Ricky and the actual quilting like for those tight circles from Jamie Wallen. It may have been just the right time when I had their videos or the way they explained it meshed with my way o thinking. I also am the Mother of a handicapped young man but his physical limitations only allow him to enjoy the beauty and the warmth of the quilts. He helps design and pick out fabric by giving me a smile for yes.QUOTE=Pepita;5277968]How wonderful that your boys are willing to try. I tried to interest my son (he is a paraplegic) and he was uh,NOOOOO. I feel sure that watching you do it, gives them confidence to try, and honestly there really is nothing girly in quilting quilts! You know long ago, women would spin cotton, wool and flax year round. Then the spun fibers went to a weaver (usually) that was a man! See they got the big machines,that seemed so complex, now we have them![/QUOTE]
    DEB CAVAN

Wow, Bryce did a fabulous job. You are so lucky to have your kids involved in what you love to do. Congratulations Mom.
    Marie

Blog Entries
    It looks like Bryce is a pro already! Why not? Let him go, go, go. Learn everything in this world. Then they have many ways to support themselves and a family in the future.

Blog Entries
    A family business!!! How wonderful that your boys share your love of quilting and they do excellent work!
    Beautiful quilts and quilting!
    Helen T.

Power Poster
    ​The quilting patterns are great! He did a super job and I would send him a quilt to do in a flash if I was closer. Tell him he is definitely talented on the patterns.

Bryce did an amazing job. I think your niche includes bringing out the best in others. It's a nice skill to have.

Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    Bryce did an amazing job. I think your niche includes bringing out the best in others. It's a nice skill to have.
    I couldn't have said it better!!! Those quilts are all awesome!!

So wonderful your boy's are following in your footsteps. Brice did a wonderful job.

Wow another family member 'in the business" ... that is just wonderful. Now I have to start making tops for all 4 of the quilters ! Tell him he has a good business started.. many will be looking for his services.

Charisma, What ages are your boys? And good for them to attempt a longarm. My boys were about 11 or so when they would use my sewing machine to repair a rip in pants, shirt, etc. while I was at work. Scared me to death when I found out, but at least they didn't have any injuries!! And my machine still worked!

Blog Entries
    Great job. They are both beautiful quilts and I love the baptist fan. Your boys are very talented.
    I wish I could do as well.

sassy granny

Charisma, you better watch out, looks like Bryce may take over part of you business, LOL. Really, he did a wonderful job, congratulations to him and to you for teaching him. A family who "plays" together, stays together, and isn't quilting playing? Thanks for sharing your/his story with us.
    Ruth

Sew many projects, sew little time..........

Blog Entries
    I think it is wonderful that they all give it a try and each has his own 'niche'. Plus, this will stand them in good stead when it is time for college...or before. They will be way better off than many kids looking for work. Congrats to you and yours! Can't wait for you to see what mine says to you! :-)
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast