Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Baptist fans and Square dance...quilted by Charisma's Corner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/baptist-fans-square-dance-quilted-charismas-corner-t191320.html)

charismah 06-09-2012 09:44 PM

Baptist fans and Square dance...quilted by Charisma's Corner

7 Attachment(s)
Well my 15 year old son Bryce quilted these today.
You my be familiar with my sons Carl and Cole..they usually quilt stipples as a little business....well today I decided to have a training session. Cole gave up on the templates....Carl completed a quilt but he likes stipples better. ( he has Aspergers and it's relaxing for him to just sew that movement)...A few months ago I tried to teach Bryce how to stipple..but we both quickly decided he didn't have it...LOL. Today he wanted to try the templates ( I have several from Loricles) and this kid is AMAZING at templates....he loves them and he does better at template quilting than I do..so these are his samples....I am pretty excited to have him work with us. Well have our little niche don't we?

Valerie Ann 06-09-2012 10:35 PM

Fabulous!! Does he take orders?

Pepita 06-09-2012 10:54 PM

How wonderful that your boys are willing to try. I tried to interest my son (he is a paraplegic) and he was uh,NOOOOO. I feel sure that watching you do it, gives them confidence to try, and honestly there really is nothing girly in quilting quilts! You know long ago, women would spin cotton, wool and flax year round. Then the spun fibers went to a weaver (usually) that was a man! See they got the big machines,that seemed so complex, now we have them!

charismah 06-09-2012 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Valerie Ann (Post 5277962)
Fabulous!! Does he take orders?

Yep, thanks for asking.

charismah 06-09-2012 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pepita (Post 5277968)
How wonderful that your boys are willing to try. I tried to interest my son (he is a paraplegic) and he was uh,NOOOOO. I feel sure that watching you do it, gives them confidence to try, and honestly there really is nothing girly in quilting quilts! You know long ago, women would spin cotton, wool and flax year round. Then the spun fibers went to a weaver (usually) that was a man! See they got the big machines,that seemed so complex, now we have them!

I know it! My boys are manly ...and don't feel like they are anything less because they quilt. They like it.

sewdarnbusy 06-10-2012 12:39 AM

What a good mom you are to have involved your sons. So many will reap blessings from your labor of love.

BrendaK 06-10-2012 01:47 AM

Super. BrendaK

Rebecca VLQ 06-10-2012 03:08 AM

Wonderful work! :d

mizkyp 06-10-2012 03:36 AM

Bryce did a better job then I can do. Kudos to you for teaching them a skill that will last a lifetime.

misspriss 06-10-2012 04:32 AM

My grandfather was a sailor and learned to make sails and the repair was a form of hairpin lace. this was 100 or more years ago. He taught my grandmother how to sew and when I was old enough, to make hair pin lace.
He made my baby blanket, I still have it, but the years have taken their toll on the binding. Any suggestions?
Your children are very fortunate to have a parent taking an interest in their life.