My husband and I have been married nearly 39 years and have probably had ... 4 new bed sets in that time. So it was about time for a change. The runner pattern is from a book called "Bed Runners Using Precut Fabrics". I didn't use the strips it called for - I bought 1/4 yd of each of 8 different red/cream/blue fabrics and cut the strips from those. That means I didn't have the larger variety of prints you would get from a jelly roll, but it worked okay. (When I went in to get fabric the quilt shop didn't have an appropriate jelly roll - I'm glad they didn't - this was cheaper and I knew I liked all the fabrics.)
The valance was made from leftover strips from the runner. I made it in the Jelly Roll Race quilt style then added borders until it was big enough. This used absolutely every scrap of fabric I had bought. One of the valance tabs even has a selvedge on the back.
The bedspread is from Walmart - I just wanted something neutral and CHEAP. The cathedral window quilt hanging on the wall was made by my grandmother for my mother. She pieced it in the 60's and told me that if my grandchildren ever played with it outside she'd come back to haunt me. She's been gone 30 years and you can see that it's not where a grandchild can get hold of it!