Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Blankets and Fleece Rag Quilts for Charity

Blankets and Fleece Rag Quilts for Charity

One of my sewing guild's community service projects this year is blankets for infants, given when they leave the hospital. I received a donation of about 18 yards of fleece so just cut blankets 45x45 using my wave and pinking rotary cutters to give them a decorative edge. On the plain colored fleece I appliqued circles and hearts on both sides so they weren't so blah. Then I got into my UFO's of already precut squares and rectangles of fleece for rag quilts and finished them all. I'm feeling pretty proud of myself!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Chocolate is the Answer. Who cares what the question is.

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful assortment of blankets. They will be loved by many little ones! Very generous of you.

How wonderful!!!
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

Cute! How very sweet of you.

Nice you.... Good Job. Like them all. Did you clip the Rag quilts? Are the Rag Quilts one thickness? They are going to make allot of children Happy...
    Quote Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
    One of my sewing guild's community service projects this year is blankets for infants, given when they leave the hospital. I received a donation of about 18 yards of fleece so just cut blankets 45x45 using my wave and pinking rotary cutters to give them a decorative edge. On the plain colored fleece I appliqued circles and hearts on both sides so they weren't so blah. Then I got into my UFO's of already precut squares and rectangles of fleece for rag quilts and finished them all. I'm feeling pretty proud of myself!

What a wonderful thing for you to do. They all look so pretty and cuddly and nice. Great job!

Really great job!

Quote Originally Posted by uniquedesigner View Post
    Nice you.... Good Job. Like them all. Did you clip the Rag quilts? Are the Rag Quilts one thickness? They are going to make allot of children Happy...

The blankets are only one thickness because I live in Southern CA and one thickness is plenty warm enough. Yes, I do clip them. Fleece doesn't "rag" like flannel, but I like the look the clipping gives them.
    Chocolate is the Answer. Who cares what the question is.

They all look so cuddly ... so nice of you!

Great work -- never thought of doing rag quilts with fleece. What great idea!