glad they cautght it so fast
Welcome to the Quilting Board!
I know of two families who had major house fires started by candles. They are much more dangerous than people think
Candles are very dangerous and people are way too careless with them.
So sorry to see a lovely quilt so damaged but what is nice to see is how you are able to save it albeit it seems to be a lengthy process. It would be lovely to see how it will look when its done. Best wishes.
I can certainly see why your DIL wants it to be saved. It's a beautiful quilt, and because you made it, it must mean the world to her. She will cherish it even more when the repairs have been made. Looks to me like that quilt definitely took all the worst of it and saved their house and them! :wink:
You are nice for fixing that quilt.
I'm only allowed to burn a candle on the stove in a proper container for it.
That is really nice of you to repair it. Good luck.
So sorry that his happened, but I am very happy to hear that no one was hurt!! It is very sweet of you to repair it :D:D:D
I only burn jar candles and try to keep them away from anything flammable. Glad to hear the quilt was all that was damaged - they were very lucky! Best of luck with the quilt repair!
Your DIL must really treasure what you have made for them. Good luck with the repairs