Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15

Thread: Civil war quilt quilting is DONE!!!

Blog Entries
    How WONDERFUL; your work is BEAUTIFUL! I love seeing all your quilting closeups! Thank you so much for posting all the pic.

Wow that one was a lot of work and it came out beautiful. Congratulations, you have a winner there.

beautiful quilt and quilting!

WOW stunning

Beautiful!!! I'm working on this right now - I'm only up to month 7 as I also do lots of charity quilts (I did 5 this month). I have to say it again....BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Thank you everyone for you kind words and comments on the sneak peeks I have been posting of this quilt.

Karen McTavish said in a class "Do the hardest thing you can, you won't be disappointed in the results". She was right!

I did not piece this quilt. My friend Meg took this baby on and did a darn good job. I loved this quilt from the moment I laid eyes on it in a photo and seeing it in person was a special treat. I wanted to enhance Megs peicing and make the quilt even more beautiful then it already was with my quilting. I wanted to try and keep the theme of the CW era so I went with elaborate Victorian style feathers (the CW was also the Victorian era!), loads of SID, ruler work cross hatching and a few stencils that kind of reminded me of CW era decorative arts. There is more SID than I have ever done before. Every one of those HST in the border was SID. I got very good at using a ruler with this one! :lol: So without any further babbling on my part... I have 9 pictures to load. I am really looking forward to all of your comments. Thanks!

Beautiful quilt; beautiful quilting!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15