View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 05:55 PM
kydeb

Beautiful!!! I'm working on this right now - I'm only up to month 7 as I also do lots of charity quilts (I did 5 this month). I have to say it again....BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Thank you everyone for you kind words and comments on the sneak peeks I have been posting of this quilt.

Karen McTavish said in a class "Do the hardest thing you can, you won't be disappointed in the results". She was right!

I did not piece this quilt. My friend Meg took this baby on and did a darn good job. I loved this quilt from the moment I laid eyes on it in a photo and seeing it in person was a special treat. I wanted to enhance Megs peicing and make the quilt even more beautiful then it already was with my quilting. I wanted to try and keep the theme of the CW era so I went with elaborate Victorian style feathers (the CW was also the Victorian era!), loads of SID, ruler work cross hatching and a few stencils that kind of reminded me of CW era decorative arts. There is more SID than I have ever done before. Every one of those HST in the border was SID. I got very good at using a ruler with this one! :lol: So without any further babbling on my part... I have 9 pictures to load. I am really looking forward to all of your comments. Thanks!