Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Cotton Theory Projects >

Cotton Theory Projects

Cotton Theory Projects

Old 07-04-2011, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
I had asked around at LQS and I was told in order to teach a class the instructor needed special training. So noone has classes. Is this correct? I bought your video and patterns back in November in 2004 in Texas. Please let us know how to be able to take classes and clear up this confusion.
Your work is lovely :thumbup:
Betty Cotton teaches her instructors how to teach her technique of Cotton Theory (fold and finish look). There are instructors listed on her website by State. If you live in Alaska I am sure there are a couple up there or I could come up when in Washington to teach!! Never been to Alaska. Hope this clears up confusion. To become a certified instructor you spend a week making those projects which I photographed on her board. Instructors go back and gain further training and so it would not be ethical for quilt shops to let untrained teachers to teach this technique when we have paid for our training.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs Cotton Theory
Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
I had asked around at LQS and I was told in order to teach a class the instructor needed special training. So noone has classes. Is this correct? I bought your video and patterns back in November in 2004 in Texas. Please let us know how to be able to take classes and clear up this confusion.
Your work is lovely :thumbup:
Betty Cotton teaches her instructors how to teach her technique of Cotton Theory (fold and finish look). There are instructors listed on her website by State. If you live in Alaska I am sure there are a couple up there or I could come up when in Washington to teach!! Never been to Alaska. Hope this clears up confusion. To become a certified instructor you spend a week making those projects which I photographed on her board. Instructors go back and gain further training and so it would not be ethical for quilt shops to let untrained teachers to teach this technique when we have paid for our training.
In November 2004 at the Houston quilt market or festival I had the pleasure of meeting her and I noticed that there were always people packed in her booth when other booths were nearly empty. Her work is wonderful and such beautiful quality! I watched her work and bought several patterns and a video too. One of these days I'll make something using her technique. :-D
Old 07-11-2011, 04:12 AM

It is very eye catching. Not sure how to describe it, but I do really like how it looks, I have half of my blocks sewn, it takes time for sure, but the end result is good or hope mine will be.