Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Cowboy fabric for grandsons quilt

  1. #1
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    9,038
    Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Once again I need advice on what quilt to make with this fabric for my 4 y/o GS. I need something easy and quick.

    Cowboy fabric
    Name:  Attachment-238048.jpe
Views: 38
Size:  64.1 KB

  2. #2
    Super Member bluteddi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    3,123
    split rail fence would look nice...

  3. #3
    Super Member Phannie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brunswick, Georgia
    Posts
    1,964
    With prints this large, I would do some fussy cuts and use large blocks and binding. I would want show off the prints.

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    9,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Phannie1
    With prints this large, I would do some fussy cuts and use large blocks and binding. I would want show off the prints.
    Can you show me a picture of one or tell me where I could look at one.

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,518
    Cute fabric. I almost bought some just like the other day at Mary Jo's.

  6. #6
    Super Member moonwork42029's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Possum Trot, KY
    Posts
    3,537
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-118218-1.htm

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-139599-1.htm

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-114398-1.htm

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-81908-1.htm tutorial

    The first 3 are some pictures of 10 minute blocks and various layouts for them. They use nice big pieces that would work great with your fabrics.

    The 4th one is a tutorial if case you aren't familiar with how to create them.

    Fast, easy and show off large prints. Have fun!

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    9,038
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-118218-1.htm

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-139599-1.htm

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-114398-1.htm

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-81908-1.htm tutorial

    The first 3 are some pictures of 10 minute blocks and various layouts for them. They use nice big pieces that would work great with your fabrics.

    The 4th one is a tutorial if case you aren't familiar with how to create them.

    Fast, easy and show off large prints. Have fun!
    Thanks for the help. Look easy, well here I go.

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orbiting
    Posts
    1,442
    That's really neat fabric!

    How about adding some bandana material?

    Hobby Lobby has several colors.

    I don't remember if Wal-Mart does or not.

    Don't remember seeing it in the LQS's here.

    Maybe Joanne's or Hancocks.

    I have some neat brown bandana that I picked up a while back. Plan on using it for a boy quilt.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    9,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewfine
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-118218-1.htm

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-139599-1.htm

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-114398-1.htm

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-81908-1.htm tutorial

    The first 3 are some pictures of 10 minute blocks and various layouts for them. They use nice big pieces that would work great with your fabrics.

    The 4th one is a tutorial if case you aren't familiar with how to create them.

    Fast, easy and show off large prints. Have fun!
    Thanks for the help. Look easy, well here I go.
    This is definitely not a 10 minute block for me. Had to pick it aloose five times and the points still do not match. Approximately three hours with cutting, sewing and ironing. What do you think?

    My 10 minute block
    Name:  Attachment-238102.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  37.9 KB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.