Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuban Motion from Twisted Log Cabin

I was perusing the pictures a couple months ago and ran across this post http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-103148-1.htm by bobbinchick - I had seen twisted log cabins before but this one "spoke" to me - I saw "motion" when I looked at it. More specifically - "cuban Motion". I take ballroom / latin dance lessons and I can't get a handle on the cuban (hip) motion I'm supposed to do with the latin dances. My body used to move like that naturally when I was 20 - at 50 my body is not cooperating. My brain knows what it should look like and thats what I saw in bobbinchicks quilt. So I started my own - it took several tries to get the look/feel I was trying to achieve - pulsing motion. Each of the 9 blocks are supposed to be a latin dancer (salsa maybe) with their "cuban motion" turned all the way on all dancing together on a dancefloor. I pieced all of my practice blocks into the backing. I am really really pleased with how it turned out. I am giving it to my dance instructor as a house warming / appreciation gift. I think he will like it. He is very artistic himself so I think he'll appreciate it.

The front
    Name:  Attachment-215020.jpe
Views: 142
Size:  81.3 KB

A close up of a block with fmq done on my domestic bernina
    Name:  Attachment-215021.jpe
Views: 264
Size:  78.2 KB

The back with all my practice / test blocks
    Name:  Attachment-215022.jpe
Views: 122
Size:  78.8 KB

MTS
    Banned
    duplicate

MTS
    Banned
    It SIZZLES!!

And the back is divine!

Blog Entries
    Gorgeous, beautiful, stunning......

WOW, that is so beautiful, front and back. Looking at the front I see your motion and the colors all look like a wonderful dance. Awesome job.

Blog Entries
    Had to come back....wow,wow,wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not enough exclaimations!!!!!!

That quilt is stunning.

It makes me want to take dance lessons. To bad I'm even older than you. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by DRogers870
    I was perusing the pictures a couple months ago and ran across this post http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-103148-1.htm by bobbinchick - I had seen twisted log cabins before but this one "spoke" to me - I saw "motion" when I looked at it. More specifically - "cuban Motion". I take ballroom / latin dance lessons and I can't get a handle on the cuban (hip) motion I'm supposed to do with the latin dances. My body used to move like that naturally when I was 20 - at 50 my body is not cooperating. My brain knows what it should look like and thats what I saw in bobbinchicks quilt. So I started my own - it took several tries to get the look/feel I was trying to achieve - pulsing motion. Each of the 9 blocks are supposed to be a latin dancer (salsa maybe) with their "cuban motion" turned all the way on all dancing together on a dancefloor. I pieced all of my practice blocks into the backing. I am really really pleased with how it turned out. I am giving it to my dance instructor as a house warming / appreciation gift. I think he will like it. He is very artistic himself so I think he'll appreciate it.
    Awesome!!

Ay caramba! That's some HOT quilt! The colors, the piecing, the pattern, the quilting all add up to something muy bueno!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 11 ... LastLast