View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 04:58 PM
suebee

Originally Posted by DRogers870
I was perusing the pictures a couple months ago and ran across this post http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-103148-1.htm by bobbinchick - I had seen twisted log cabins before but this one "spoke" to me - I saw "motion" when I looked at it. More specifically - "cuban Motion". I take ballroom / latin dance lessons and I can't get a handle on the cuban (hip) motion I'm supposed to do with the latin dances. My body used to move like that naturally when I was 20 - at 50 my body is not cooperating. My brain knows what it should look like and thats what I saw in bobbinchicks quilt. So I started my own - it took several tries to get the look/feel I was trying to achieve - pulsing motion. Each of the 9 blocks are supposed to be a latin dancer (salsa maybe) with their "cuban motion" turned all the way on all dancing together on a dancefloor. I pieced all of my practice blocks into the backing. I am really really pleased with how it turned out. I am giving it to my dance instructor as a house warming / appreciation gift. I think he will like it. He is very artistic himself so I think he'll appreciate it.
Awesome!!