Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dads Quilt

Beautiful, I know he will love it. I hope 2012 is much better.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Great fabrics! Your Dad will enjoy using this lovely gift. Will keep your family in my prayers. Hope 2012 is a better year for all of you.

Power Poster
    very pretty and i hope you Dad does good prayers to you both maureen
    QUILTNMO

So sorry to hear everything your dad has been through. He sounds like a wonderful man. I am sure will really enjoy this lovely quilt.

Having lived through the same situation with my father-in-law, I congratulate you both. This is a tough thing to live through. He will learn to live with it, as did my father-in-law. The key is a positive attitude throughout everything that happens. He'll be stressed when they fit his stumps for prosthetic legs, learning to maneuver again - walking and getting off of the floor are the hardest, but most rewarding thing!

You will gain a great deal of appreciation for the handicap laws in this country, especially the handrails and ramps now prevalent everywhere.

Besides a quilt, a stroller bag and lap quilt that won't get caught in the wheels of the wheelchair are probably the next best things he could use. God bless and good luck to you both!

Quote Originally Posted by VickyS View Post
    Having lived through the same situation with my father-in-law, I congratulate you both. This is a tough thing to live through. He will learn to live with it, as did my father-in-law. The key is a positive attitude throughout everything that happens. He'll be stressed when they fit his stumps for prosthetic legs, learning to maneuver again - walking and getting off of the floor are the hardest, but most rewarding thing!

You will gain a great deal of appreciation for the handicap laws in this country, especially the handrails and ramps now prevalent everywhere.

Besides a quilt, a stroller bag and lap quilt that won't get caught in the wheels of the wheelchair are probably the next best things he could use. God bless and good luck to you both!
    Yes he is doing great. Has both prosthetics now and can even walk with the aid of a walker. He has great faith in the Lord and continues to lean on his faith on a daily basis. To me he is superman!

Thoughts to you are your family. Great quilt too.
    Home is where the heart is, and a few scrappy quilts.

Very pretty!
    Kathleen, a lass with a bit of the Irish in her blood and a whole lot of Irish in her heart

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilt, I'm sure he will love it
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

Beautiful quilt, great job, prayers are with your DAD and and your family
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast