Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 months after the fire

12 months after the fire

well it is just over 12 months since the fire where we lost everything we owned, so I thought I would post some pics of my new sewing room. I am still trying to put some order into it, I have replaced all my machines with better than the old ones thanks to the generousity of the insurance company, they valued my losses and gave me the money to buy them all over again, IT sure pays to have new for old contents insurance.
    I have also aquired some old industrial machines I am still working on getting them to run properly, mostly I think it is the neadles not in properly when I have the time and patience I will try again,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Wow! I didn't know there was a new contents for old clause in insurance. It looks like you are on your way to recovery. I'm so pleased. I know what it is to recover from a fire (we had one in 1949). Good luck on everything.

forgot to mention I share the room with the fish we rescued out of the pond it was ful of ash and soot and floating debry so we were lucky to save the ones we did save but we lost my huge Koi he was 2 feet long and about 15 years old. I also store the cat food in there till we find something the mice can't get into.

Wow great room! I am glad that things are getting back to normal. Now you can enjoy life again.
    Ilma

I'm glad the insurance paid so you can replace the things that are very important. I never had a fire but I've seen it happen and know people who lost everything. I'm glad you're on your way back to a normal life.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Wow - glad your are on your way to recovery - sad about your Koi they are such beautiful fish...

I'm glad the insurance paid so you can replace the things that are very important. I never had a fire but I've seen it happen and know people who lost everything. I'm glad you're on your way back to a normal life.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Happy you are on your way back to normal. Insurance is a good thing.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the update. I think of you often

Glad things are getting back to normal for you.

What a terrific sewing room! Regarding the cat food, Lakeside.com has nice pet food storage containers, multiple sizes and they have wheels. I haven't had any mice or bug problems. I also bought a second to store batting and other assorted stuff.

Blog Entries
    Glad things are getting back to some sense of normal. We had a fire the 1st of June but only lost two rooms but had smoke damage everywhere but the end of house where my sewing room is. It took nearly 3 months for us to get backso I know how hard this must have been for you.
    Previously known as McQuilter, Jan 22, 2009 with 1,400 + posts
    Today, I am as old as I have ever been.
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I am glad things are getting back to normal for you. We had a house fire and lost everything when I was about 8 or 9. Even being that young, I remember how tough it was getting our footing again.

Congrats on a wonderful new sewing room.

Blog Entries
    Happy for you that you are on the road to recovery & back in the quilting mode! You room is looking good!

Junior Member Carol in Colorado's Avatar
    So happy you're getting things replaced. What kind of quilting machine do you have now?

Power Poster
    As I was waiting for the pictures to load of your new sewing room a thought came to me. How would I get full payment for my sewing room in case of fire or theft? We do have replacement value insurance but what company is going to believe the number of machines I own? I do have them listed but a picture is better, right. I'm thinking QB could be our back up plan for proof. All we would need is to get to a computer and we could show what was in our sewing room prior to the event. Pretty cool thought!
    Your new room look fabulous and now it is documented.

Nice new room! I am so glad your insurance wasn't a *itch to deal with! I have the same quilting frame as you! I have the Mega Quilter on mine though. How do you like the qbot with yours?
    Kathy

Nice room. So glad you were able to replace your machines. We have new for old insurance, too, and I take a yearly video of our whole house, inside and out. I keep it in the safety deposit box at the credit union. I guess I better take in the closets in my craft/sewing room, too. That's where I keep my stash.
    SittingPretty

I am so happy for you.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Hi..nice to hear that things are getting back to normal. Nice that you were able to replace your machines (and everything else) with nice new ones
    Blessings from Janice

Blog Entries
    Congratulations and best wishes for great organization so you can get to the best peart-Quiting!!!!

Blog Entries
    It's called replacement value-we have this on our personal home and for the buildings on our rental properties-it allows for current cost adjustments.FYI Thanks

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    Good to hear you finally have a lovely space to sew in after months of hardship after the fire & great that u have such lovely new toys to play with! Please post pics of your industrial sewing machines & tell us how u like them once u get them up &running.
    True friends are like diamonds
    They are precious and rare.

So glad you are on the way to recovery. Saw on last night's local news an update on last years fires. So its good to see something good from such a horrid time

Power Poster
    Glad things are getting better for you. Looks you are getting lots of things for your sewing room.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast