Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 12 months after the fire

Awesome news!
    Kathy

Great to hear you are getting back to normal. Looks like that sewing room will be wonderful with your new toys!
    Linda

WOW, what a great sewing room you. Plastic totes with snap on lids will keep mice out of cat food, or anything else. I use them in storage sheds outside for bird seed and items I want to keep them out of, for years they haven't been able to chew into them.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    How wonderful to be able to replace your old machines with new! Best of luck to you and look forward to seeing some beautiful quilts when you get some done!
    Helen T.

Blog Entries
    That is a great room. I'm so sorry about your losses. But, I sure am glad that your on the rebuild, restock and mend end. And of course, the most important of all......your still here to share with all of us.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Glad to hear you were 'well covered' but no amount of $$ can replace the irreplaceable.

Am I the only one who things hiding cat food from the mouse is just a little bit backwards? LOL!

So happy for you!

Blog Entries
    So sorry for all the things you lost, but looks like you are well on your way back. Blessins to you in the future.
    Abiding in the Vine

Blog Entries
    I know what it means to lose most everything in a fire. I was always looking for things , and then remembering that they were lose in the fire. It"s been over 30 years, and there are still times that I think I wonder what happened to that picture of so and so , and then remember that it is gone forever. We had replacement cost , and I'm so glad that we did. I would recommend that everyone up grade their insurance to replacement cost. You can't even begin to imagine how much difference it makes when you learn that the insurance is only paying you for what the item is worth after depreciation, instead of what it cost you to replace that item with replacement cost insurance. So please people, get replacement cost insurance.

So happy to hear you are getting your life bac together. This is really a tramatic event in anyone's life and will always be in your memory. Thank the good Lord for insurance! and that you were not hurt.
    Jesus knows all my imperfections yet he still loves me. Amazing!

What an intimidating chore--trying to recover from that fire. Your new studio looks great and I know you will produce beautiful things there.

Looking good, glad no one was hurt. As it is easy to replace stuff
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Blog Entries
    Wonderful to see you have recovered so well!!! So glad you are back on your feet again. Great to see such a well stocked quilting room!

Blog Entries
    What a wonderfully large sewing room!! I'd love to have that kind of space to work in.
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

thanks everyone. I made the shelves for my fabric and the top 2 shelves are all the material I have bought or been given by the generous members on this board, the bottom shelves are bits of material I was given from a friend who's MIL died MIL was a collector or should I say hoarder. I am not sure what to do with it all, most is secondhand curtains of bygone days, I was thinking of making totes or something to sell at a fair. I am not sure how they would sell as recycled bags, but lots of people like the idea of recycling so maybe that is the way to go, they are mostly all cotton, but all old fashioned. some going back to the 50's

Blog Entries
    The 50s fabric is highly prized here in the states. Sounds like you got alot of good fabric from some angels!

It is generally called "full value replacement" insurance. We just went through this due to a major flood within our home. It is well worth the extra cost of this type of insurance if you every have a disaster type incident.

Litacats - glad all is going well for you!!
    Meg
    Innova & Millie

Just had a house fire nov2nd and living in a rental. I realize I need patience, did replace my machines and had old for new insurance, and just got the Janome 12000, love it but so hard to not have "stuff" readily available. But, feel blessed for all I do have. : )
    Love the room!

Looking good Lita. So glad you are able to be comfortable and getting back to "life as it should be". I too am seriously thinking of getting an industrial machine, my 50's Pinnock can deal with some pretty heavy stitching but I have been pushing its limits lately. Check out the prices of vintage fabric on Ebay....you will be pleasantly surprised. Depending on the designs, those old curtains could be turned into beautiful vintage/retro throws which would go really well with current design trends. Check out some interior design mags for ideas....We use big plastic containers with snap on lids to store seed and dog/cat food. We got ours when the kids worked at fast-food restaurants, I think they were used for bulk-buy pickles etc. May be worth checking out local bakeries/restaurants - see if they will sell you any. Happy quilting.

That's great your ins. will replace like that. Looks like you'll have plenty of space when you get all set up. Good luck. Glad to see your getting back up & running. Sue

Blog Entries
    You are blessed. Thanks for sharing your good fortune.
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

Great room. So glad you are recovering so nicely.
    No matter how tough life is, it sure beats the alternative.

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...26548a24e6.png

So sorry to hear of your disaster!!!Glad you had insurance though!!!!What kind of machines do you have ? Looks like you have a pretty good set up there!!!I am so glad you are getting your sewing room back together!!!!Was that the first room you fixed up!!!Hee Hee Hee!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    very nice! but the aquarium was a shocker....moisture around the machines is generally NOT a good thing if they are computerized machines!

It will be one nice studio!
    Penny aka PLS 1946

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast