Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Day & Night in Black & Pink

Day & Night in Black & Pink

Here's another beauty from Doris. I do wish the pink fabric would have shown better in the pictures. It is a light pink, but much richer than the pictures show. This is a large (107 x 107) quilt. Doris and I chose Hobbs Poly batting to help keep the quilt weight down. Even though I custom quilted this top I was able to quilt from inside the left border all the way across the top to just inside the right border. I used pink thread throught the body of the quilt and was amazed that it did not over power the black fabric, as all I saw when the quilt was completed was the texture of the quilting (that's what I like to see-texture-not stitching) The outside border was quite large so I divided it up and quilted it in 2 passes. I could have used the pink thread to divide it, but since I quilted the top outside border first I used black thread to divide, thanking I would be using black thread on the black fabric. As I proceeded I decided if I used the pink thread I could quilt across the quilt without tying off. Hence the black thread is only used to divide the outside border on all four sides.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Neat quilting on a great quilt!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Beautiful quilt and quilting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    your quilting design is beautiful, so is the quilt!! wish the pink showed up more. I can see the pink thread though.

I could sit and look at the quilting all day long...like the back as much as the front...well, almost.

absolutely stunning!! I see on the back it looks like you worked in the squares on the front, first doing the zig zag in a corner, then a triangle, then another triangle, etc. You must have at least a mid-arm, this is a large quilt. You did a fabulous job on it all!!!

Blog Entries
    I love this pattern have made it twice but with 3 colors...Love how yours turned out and the quilting is excellent...might have to have a go at this pattern again with black and blue/purple....

BCM
    I agree with all the above kudos! It looks like a labor of love and dedication. Quilting is so neat!

It's a beautiful quilt to start with and your quilting enhances it wonderfully! Great job by both of you!

Beautiful!
    Heather

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast