View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 06:28 AM
Bobbielinks

Default Day & Night in Black & Pink

Here's another beauty from Doris. I do wish the pink fabric would have shown better in the pictures. It is a light pink, but much richer than the pictures show. This is a large (107 x 107) quilt. Doris and I chose Hobbs Poly batting to help keep the quilt weight down. Even though I custom quilted this top I was able to quilt from inside the left border all the way across the top to just inside the right border. I used pink thread throught the body of the quilt and was amazed that it did not over power the black fabric, as all I saw when the quilt was completed was the texture of the quilting (that's what I like to see-texture-not stitching) The outside border was quite large so I divided it up and quilted it in 2 passes. I could have used the pink thread to divide it, but since I quilted the top outside border first I used black thread to divide, thanking I would be using black thread on the black fabric. As I proceeded I decided if I used the pink thread I could quilt across the quilt without tying off. Hence the black thread is only used to divide the outside border on all four sides.
Attached Thumbnails 100_4006.jpg   100_4010.jpg