Does anyone know my name? >

Does anyone know my name?

Does anyone know my name?

Old 02-11-2012, 06:26 AM

Gorgeous!!
Old 02-11-2012, 06:55 AM

Sew pretty!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 11:13 AM

Blooo is my favorite color. Wonderful qult. Love the back.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by juneeloonee View Post
I saw this pattern on the quilting board some time ago and copied the picture because I liked the scrappiness. When looking for a pattern to make my nephew a quilt I decided this was a relatively easy one to make and went searching in my stash. I was able to "go shopping" upstairs and choose all the fabrics for it from what I had (ridiculous amount of stash!). Now I want to make the label but would like to credit the name to whoever is the designer. My DD (who is making two double sided matching pillows from the leftover HST and I am thrilled that she is following in this wonderful quilting world) suggested a name of "Love Expands" which I think is cute. The squares are 4" each and the overall quilt measures 96" square. It's also reversible with jelly roll race as the back. He and his bride are getting married the end of March and after I started their quilt in January their registry came out with blue and light green sheets! Lucky such a perfect color choice. So if anyone knows this name, I would appreciate knowing to give credit to the designer. Thanks.

This is so beautiful, love the colors and pattern. They should cherish this forever.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:18 PM

I find it so interesting that people can come up with so many different names for a Split 9 Patch. When they are published in a magazine with a new name - suddenly they are something new! I've found that simple patterns have the most to offer us quilters - because each and every one we do is new and unique. I know this is why I am never bored. Keep on creating, ladies - and know that each of yours could be published too (with a new name.) We create unique items all the time and don't need a new name to appreciate the glow it warms in our creative hearts.
This rendition is a beautiful example of a FIRST rendition of this new/old pattern. Name it whatever you want and know that its one of a kind character is your special creation. Lovely work!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:18 PM

I have looked at Fresh Traditions & Fourth of July patterns and I believe yours to be the Fourth of July pattern. You have done a lovely job. Congratulations.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:40 PM

An Amish lady in Topeka, IN made this pattern for me in a king size quilt. She called it "Scrapaholic."
Old 02-12-2012, 02:48 AM

All of your words are so kind. Thank you for all of the input that everyone has shared. This quilt was such a joy to make!
Originally Posted by cwessel47 View Post
I find it so interesting that people can come up with so many different names for a Split 9 Patch. When they are published in a magazine with a new name - suddenly they are something new! I've found that simple patterns have the most to offer us quilters - because each and every one we do is new and unique. I know this is why I am never bored. Keep on creating, ladies - and know that each of yours could be published too (with a new name.) We create unique items all the time and don't need a new name to appreciate the glow it warms in our creative hearts.
This rendition is a beautiful example of a FIRST rendition of this new/old pattern. Name it whatever you want and know that its one of a kind character is your special creation. Lovely work!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:04 AM

Beautiful quilt... sorry, don't know name... like the jelly roll idea for back too!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Babs194068 View Post
No name but you did an awesome job.
Looks Beautiful.