Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't you love the County Fair?

Blog Entries
    I've always loved "Fair Days"! I have many fond memories of my youth, getting 4-H projects ready and showing horses at the county fair, winning ribbons and prizes for my efforts.

My mother taught my two sisters and I to sew and bake, and I could hardly wait for my own kids to become old enough to spend time together in the sewing room and in the kitchen with me. (Even my son can cook and sew!) Now they're all grown up, and are prize-winning quilters/crafters themselves!

We've had a busy year!

How did you learn to sew?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Congratulations to all of you! What a beautiful collection :D:D:D

wowzy!! What a haul! How proud you must be. So many lovely things - I can see why you have all the ribbons. Congratulations!

congrats on all the ribbons - did you leave any behind for some one else to win?

in answer to your question, i taught myself to sew and i'm very proud of that fact.

I am in the middle of planning meals for our county fair next week. We serve around 2100 people full meals in 3 days, plus 1500-2000 Indian tacos, and lots of hamburgers, nachos, and biscuits and gravy for the kiddos in the show barn. I learned to sew in Home Ec back in the 60's, started quilting about 10 years ago. My extension group holds 2 4H sewing camps each summer. Love working with the kids. Congratulations to you and your kids. 4Her's are wonderful people.

I am in the middle of planning meals for our county fair next week. We serve around 2100 people full meals in 3 days, plus 1500-2000 Indian tacos, and lots of hamburgers, nachos, and biscuits and gravy for the kiddos in the show barn. I learned to sew in Home Ec back in the 60's, started quilting about 10 years ago. My extension group holds 2 4H sewing camps each summer. Love working with the kids. Congratulations to you and your kids. 4Her's are wonderful people.

Congratulations to all of you!!!

My mom kept sending me to sewing classes. I hated it!!!!!
    I had sewing for a semester in JrHigh. I hated it!!! Mom and I had a deal when I lived at home, she did the sewing (made a several of my prom and homecoming dresses) and I did the baking (she hated baking)
    She never quilted, and never will.
    After I married my Dh wanted me to sew a couple of backpacking type items. I then graduated to place mats and valances, Then made lots of clothes for my girls. Quit sewing clothes when they didn't want to wear what I made. Did craft sewing and then my friends here at my church convinced me to try quilting. That was 11 years ago and the rest is history!!

So many blue ribbons! Good for you!

Blog Entries
    Wow!! Nice work, and look at all those blue ribbons!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Congratulations to all of you! What a beautiful collection :D:D:D
    They are beautiful

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast